College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Appalachian Events Committee
The Appalachian Events Committee (AEC) is made up of students, faculty and staff members who are interested in the Appalachian region, its history, culture and preservation. We are located in a area rich with the heritage, customs, folklore and history of Appalachia and its people. The AEC welcomes those who are already familiar with Appalachia, as well as those who want to learn more about the region in which they are now living.
Each year, the Appalachian Events Committee sponsors a number of events on campus that are open to the campus community and general public. AEC members also attend seminars, concerts and conventions that feature Appalachia and its people.
To become involved with AEC, just attend one of our meetings. Meetings are currently held on Tuesdays at 4:30 pm in Cook Hall 229.
If you would like to be placed on our mailing list, contact the Appalachian Regional & Rural Studies Center at 540-831-5366 or email Dr. Aysha Bodenhamer directly for more information.