College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
News and Events
There is always a lot of activity on a campus that is bustling with opportunities to learn, have fun and be engaged in Appalachian culture. Keep track of all the latest happenings in the Appalachian Regional and Rural Studies Center with our events calendar and news releases!
Radford University’s Appalachian Regional and Rural Studies Center and Georgetown University’s Baker Center for Leadership and Governance collaborated this summer to offer students a three-day interactive program called Hoyas and Highlanders: Deconstruct the Rural-Urban Divide.
A small group of students spent spring break planting trees on reclaimed land of an abandoned coal mine in central Kentucky.
Radford University faculty member Theresa Burriss has been named director of Academic Outreach for the university at the Southwest Higher Education Center in Abingdon.
Radford University's IMPACT program was awarded a historic three-year, $13.8 million grant by the U.S. Department of Education’s Supporting Effective Educator Development Grant Program. The grant began on Oct. 1 and runs through Sept. 30, 2020 and is the largest grant in the history of Radford University and boosts Radford’s annual grant funding by more than 50 percent in the first fiscal year.