Financial Aid refunds are generated automatically once a financial aid overpayment shows on the account. If the student is signed up for direct deposit with the Office of the Bursar, the refund will be directly deposited to the student's checking or savings account. A Direct Deposit Form must be submitted prior to the receipt of funds. The Direct Deposit Form can be found on MyRU on the Finances page under the Office of the Bursar. If the student is not signed up for direct deposit, the financial aid refund will be mailed to the student's local address. All financial aid refunds are sent to the local address as stated on the Registrar Office's system. If a local address is not available, the refund check will be mailed to the permanent address on file. It is the student's responsibility to keep a current address on file with the university in order to receive mailings in a timely manner.

If an overpayment shows on a student’s account that is not created by financial aid, the student is required to request a refund from the Bursar's office. The student will complete a request for refund form in order to start the refund process. If a request is not filed, the overpayment will go towards the next semester as a credit.

It is the university's policy to hold the enrolled student liable for charges incurred; therefore, refund checks will be issued in the name of the student.