How to Apply for Foundation Scholarships
Current students and newly admitted students:
Go to https://radford.academicworks.com, click on the apply button located on the upper right of the page, and use your OneCampus login credentials to sign in.
Complete the general application and share information about your activities, honors, achievements, organizational participation and leadership. Be sure to take time to write a compelling personal statement! We suggest you write this in Word or Grammarly, proof it and then copy/paste it into the space provided. Please note that the personal statement is often used as a tie breaker by many scholarship review committees.
You will be matched with multiple scholarship opportunities based on the information you share in your application, as well as information imported from Radford’s primary database (GPA, major, hours completed, full-time/part-time status, class standing and financial need).
There are two ways your application can be matched to scholarship applicant pools:
1. Auto-match: Your application is automatically added to the applicant pool for these scholarships if you are qualified. This is based on what you share in your general application, as well as academic data imported from Radford’s database. Auto-match scholarships are not visible to you, but scholarship review committees will be able to view all auto-match applications.
2. Apply-to: These scholarships are recommended to you as additional opportunities you may be considered for if you apply. Typically, they will show up under the recommended opportunities tab. Click on the apply button next to any of the scholarship opportunities you feel are a good fit, follow the directions and then submit. Examples of additional requirements for these scholarships include essay, references, resumé and answer to a specific question or questions.
Complete the FAFSA. Many of Radford University’s Foundation scholarships only give preference for financial need, but they require students to complete the FAFSA. For the most consideration, we highly suggest you submit the FAFSA as early as possible each year! Here are some of the best reasons to submit your FAFSA this December:
- Your application will be matched with many more scholarships.
- Some of the apply-to scholarships are need-based and will only become visible to you to apply to after Radford receives your FAFSA.
- If you would like to have your scholarship renewed, the FAFSA may be required.