Transfer Application Requirements
November 1 - Priority Deadline for Spring Applicants
Applications for Freshmen and Transfer students are reviewed for Spring entry through December 1 as space allows.
March 1 - Priority Deadline for Fall Applicants
Applications for Freshmen and Transfer students are reviewed for Fall entry through June 1 as space allows.
Direct Admission to Radford University for Transfer Applicants
Transfer applicants who meet the following criteria will receive direct admission to Radford University*:
- Submission of all college-level transcripts. An unofficial copy may be used for admission review; however, an official copy directly from issuing institution is required prior to enrollment and for transferable credit review.
- At least 24 earned credit hours
- 2.5 cumulative GPA across all colleges attended
*Students interested in the Traditional Nursing program on main campus must also apply to the Nursing program.
*Direct admission is not offered to degree completion programs (Business Administration, Respiratory Therapy, Secure Software Development) , fast-track programs (RN-to-BSN), or programs that require faculty review (Accelerated Nursing and Medical Laboratory Science)
*Music and Dance majors must have a successful audition in their respective program to be admitted to their major.
How to Apply
- As part of your application, we invite you to include an optional essay to tell us more about yourself.
- There is no fee to submit your application.
2. Submit transcripts from all colleges attended, whether or not credit was earned or is desired. This includes transcripts from dual-enrollment courses taken in high school as well as official score reports for Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses.
An unofficial copy of transcripts may be used for admission review; however, an official copy directly from issuing institution is required prior to enrollment and for transferable credit review.
If you have completed fewer than 24 semester hours of college-level coursework, please also submit your high school transcript with your application.
3. Check the status of your application using your Highlander Portal to ensure all materials are received. Once a decision is made, you’ll see it here first!
Scholarships and Cost
The Admissions staff automatically reviews all applicants with a completed application by March 1 for our Transfer Excellence and Phi Theta Kappa scholarships. All documents submitted with the application will be utilized in the scholarship consideration.
Transfer Excellence - Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0+ and completion of 30+ transferable credit hours.
Phi Theta Kappa - Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2+ and completion of 30+ transferable credit hours. Must be a member of PTK.
GPA and credit hour requirements must be fulfilled by March 1st.
Virginia Transfer Grant - a Virginia state grant awarded by the Financial Aid Office. Complete the Transfer Grant application to be considered.
Additional aid opportunities - Admitted incoming students may choose to apply for Foundation Scholarships; priority deadline to apply is Feb 5.
We strongly encourage all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at studentaid.gov. This is how we determine federal and state grants, loans and work study programs for which you may be eligible.
Connect with Your Counselor
Our Transfer Recruitment Team is here to help with any questions you have about Radford University or the application process.