Congratulations soon-to-be-graduates! As you count down the days to commencement, please take a few moments to make sure that you have taken care of the details so that you can relax and enjoy commencement weekend when it arrives. Use the links below for more information.
- Purchase commencement regalia (caps and gowns) at the University Bookstore in Dalton Hall. If you have questions, call 540-831-5144. If you are a graduate student, the bookstore will assist you in selecting the correct hood color.
- You will receive six tickets for your specific ceremony. Tickets will be color-coded to indicate your ceremony time. No extra tickets are available; therefore, if you do not plan to use all of the allocated tickets you are encouraged to share with peers who are seeking additional tickets. Remember that the tickets are specific to the 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ceremonies.
- Graduating students are responsible for obtaining tickets for their family and guests and distributing them to those individuals.
- You must have a photo ID to pick up your tickets.
- Winter Commencement tickets and Latin Honors tassels will be available weekdays at the Registrar’s Office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. beginning Wednesday, Dec. 6 until Friday, Dec. 15, 2017.
- College of Business and Economics students may pick up tickets, honor tassels for those who qualify, and as well as important instructions for the commencement ceremony from the Advising Center in Kyle Hall 244 between 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 14 and Friday, Dec. 15
- If there is available seating after all ticket holders are seated, guests without tickets may be allowed to enter and be seated as space allows. Ticket holders should arrive at the auditorium no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony.
- For the comfort of all of our guests, children (excluding infants) must have a ticket. Infants will be allowed to sit on the lap of a family member.
- Commencement is a special celebration for graduates and guests. To keep it enjoyable and meaningful for all, we ask that all graduates and members of the audience remain seated throughout the entire ceremony.
- A professional photographer will photograph each graduate as you cross the stage at the individual college ceremonies and the hooding ceremony. Proofs and order forms will be mailed to each graduate after the event. Please be sure to check your permanent address, you can do this by clicking onthe Personal Info icon in the MyRU portal.
- Photography and other recording may be done only from the seating areas. We also ask that guests not approach the front of the auditorium for photographs as this area must be kept clear to ensure a smooth procession of individual graduates.