Faculty and Staff Participation in Commencement
- Teaching and Research faculty members planning to participate in Commencement should contact your respective dean.
- Classified and AP staff interested in volunteering, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org indicating interest in helping to make commencement day a very special one for our graduating students.
Radford University T/R faculty members, administrators and governing board members participating in the commencement processional are required to wear academic regalia, either from their alma mater or Radford University.
Faculty can rent regalia through the Bookstore or purchase custom regalia.
- Rental masters bundle - $73.96
- Rental doctorate bundle - $83.96
Arriving at the Dedmon Center
- Faculty and staff should park in Lots DC or Z and enter through the Riverside Entrance of the Dedmon Center. View the parking map [PDF].
- Please arrive 1 hour prior to the ceremony.
- Faculty that are participating in the Hooding Ceremony should gather on the practice court with the students. Faculty participating in the undergraduate processional should should gather in the Strength and Conditioning Facility inside the Dedmon Center.
- If you need assistance, look for Commencement Volunteers wearing Radford University lanyards stationed at the Riverside Entrance, Strength and Conditioning Facility and at locations throughout the Dedmon Center before, during and after the ceremony.
- Light food and beverages will be available for processional participants and volunteers.
December weather can be difficult to predict. We will monitor the forecast carefully and if severe weather appears likely to impact commencement, we will provide regular updates via email to our graduating students. Any changes to the commencement schedule will also be available on this website, University homepage and shared on University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter.