Winter Commencement at Radford University
Tickets are not required for the December 2021 Commencement Ceremony at the Dedmon Center. Other commencement events may require tickets. Please check the schedule of events for details.
A link to a livestream of the commencement ceremony will be available from the University homepage, on this website and University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter for guests that want to view all of the excitement but are unable to attend. Live captioning will be available.
Radford University has contracted with Grad Images to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 48 hours of the ceremony.
#RadGrads and families are also welcome to take photos of their special day after the ceremony on or near the stage area as well as outside around campus.
Health and Safety
Face masks are required in indoor spaces regardless of vaccine status. View university mask guidelines.
Hand Sanitizer Stations will be located throughout the venue.
- Parking is free and available in Lot Z. There will be parking staff and University Police officers stationed to help direct graduates and guests. View the parking map [PDF].
- Accessible parking is available with a DMV issued permit. Parking attendant will direct to specified areas.
- Graduates who need accessibility services should contact the Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) by December 1 at 540-831-6350, 540-922-1176 (VP) or email@example.com.
- Accessible seating for guests is available on a first come, first serve basis. Once at the venue, University volunteers will direct guests to the designated accessible seating areas.
- For guests requiring American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services during the ceremony, contact the Center for Accessibility Services by December 1 at 540-831-6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service animals are permitted but this does not include service animals in training or ESAs.
Programs will be available at the Riverside Entrance upon entering the venue.
Available for Purchase
- Food and beverages
Look for University volunteers wearing Radford University lanyards stationed at the Riverside Entrance of the Dedmon Center and throughout the venue before, during and after the ceremony.
Lost and Found
Please email email@example.com to report lost and found items. Items will be kept for 30 days.
December weather can be difficult to predict. We will monitor the forecast carefully and if severe weather appears likely to impact commencement, we will provide regular updates via email to our graduating students. Any changes to the commencement schedule will also be available on this website, University homepage and shared on University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter.