Winter Commencement at Radford University
- Doors will open 1 hour prior to the ceremony. Guests should enter through the upper level, main entrance of Preston Hall.
- Overflow seating to view the livestream for the Undergraduate Ceremony on Saturday, December 9, will be available in the Hurlburt Student Center Auditorium.
- Commencement updates will be available on this website and shared on University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter.
- Tickets are required for the Undergraduate Ceremony on Saturday, Dec. 9. Each graduate is allotted six (6) tickets for guests and may pick up the tickets at the Registrar’s Office on Main Campus and at RUC beginning Nov. 29. Children ages 5 and under are not required to have a ticket.
- Tickets are not required for the Graduate Ceremony on Fri., Dec. 8.
A link to a livestream of the commencement ceremony will be available from the University homepage, on this website and University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter for guests that want to view all of the excitement but are unable to attend. Live captioning will be available.
Radford University has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. #RadGrads and families are also welcome to take photos of their special day after the ceremony on or near the stage area as well as outside around campus.
- Parking is free and available throughout campus. View the parking map [PDF].
- Lot A is reserved for disabled (with DMV issued permit) and special guest parking only.
- All other lots throughout campus are available for commencement guest parking.
- No shuttle services will be available.
Graduates who may need accommodations for Commencement Services should contact the Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) by November 27, 2023 at 540-831-6350, 540-922-1176 (VP) or email@example.com.
- Accessible seating for guests is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Once at the venue, University volunteers will direct guests to the designated accessible seating areas.
- For guests requiring American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services during the ceremony, contact the Center for Accessibility Services by Nov. 27, 2023 at 540-831-6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Service animals are permitted but this does not include service animals in training or ESAs.
Programs will be available at the Bondurant Auditorium entrance upon entering the venue.
Available for Purchase
Look for University volunteers wearing Radford University lanyards stationed at the Bondurant Auditorium entrance and throughout the venue before, during and after the ceremony.
Lost and Found
Please email email@example.com to report lost and found items. Items will be kept for 30 days.
December weather can be difficult to predict. We will monitor the forecast carefully and if severe weather appears likely to impact commencement, we will provide regular updates via email to our graduating students. Any changes to the commencement schedule will also be available on this website, University homepage and shared on University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter.