Winter Commencement at Radford University
- Doors will open 1 hour prior to the ceremony. Guests should enter through the Dedmon Center Riverside Entrance.
- Overflow seating to view the livestream for the Undergraduate Ceremony on Saturday, December 10, will be available in the Bondurant Auditorium in Preston Hall.
- Commencement updates will be available on this website and shared on University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter.
- Tickets are required for the Undergraduate Ceremony on Saturday, Dec. 10. Each graduate is allotted six (6) tickets for guests and may pick up the tickets at the Registrar’s Office on Main Campus and at RUC beginning Dec. 1. Children ages 5 and under are not required to have a ticket.
- Tickets are not required for the Graduate Ceremony on Fri., Dec. 9.
A link to a livestream of the commencement ceremony will be available from the University homepage, on this website and University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter for guests that want to view all of the excitement but are unable to attend. Live captioning will be available.
Radford University has contracted with GradImages to provide quality graduation photos of each student. Proofs will be emailed to the student within 48 hours of the ceremony.
#RadGrads and families are also welcome to take photos of their special day after the ceremony on or near the stage area as well as outside around campus.
Health and Safety
Face masks are optional indoors. We encourage a 'mask friendly' approach. Those who wish to wear a mask respect those who do not and those who do not wish to wear a mask respect those who do. As Highlanders, we respect and appreciate each other's decisions.
- Parking is free and available in Lot Z and Lot CC. There will be parking staff and University Police officers stationed to help direct graduates and guests. View the parking map [PDF].
- Accessible parking is available with a DMV issued permit. Parking attendant will direct to specified areas.
- Graduates who need accessibility services should contact the Center for Accessibility Services (CAS) by December 1 at 540-831-6350, 540-922-1176 (VP) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accessible seating for guests is available on a first come, first served basis. Once at the venue, University volunteers will direct guests to the designated accessible seating areas.
- For guests requiring American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting services during the ceremony, contact the Center for Accessibility Services by December 1 at 540-831-6350 or email@example.com.
- Service animals are permitted but this does not include service animals in training or ESAs.
Programs will be available at the Riverside Entrance upon entering the venue.
Available for Purchase
- Food and beverages
Look for University volunteers wearing Radford University lanyards stationed at the Riverside Entrance of the Dedmon Center and throughout the venue before, during and after the ceremony.
Lost and Found
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to report lost and found items. Items will be kept for 30 days.
December weather can be difficult to predict. We will monitor the forecast carefully and if severe weather appears likely to impact commencement, we will provide regular updates via email to our graduating students. Any changes to the commencement schedule will also be available on this website, University homepage and shared on University social media platforms - Facebook and Twitter.