Earth Week at Radford University
Celebrate Earth Day all week at Radford University
- Earth Day Celebration in Bissett Park - Sunrise to Sunset - Event is free and open to the public.
- SGA Bag Exchange – 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. in Bonnie Plaza - Bring your plastic grocery bags to recycle and recieve a reusable grocery bag!
- “Barriers to Climate Change: Physical and Psychological - A Book Talk in Picture and Words”. 4 p.m. – 5 p.m. in the Radford University Planetarium
- Come hear about Rick Van Noy's adventures in writing Sudden Spring: Stories of Adaptation in a Climate-Changed South and how communities in the South are experiencing and adapting to climate change.
- All Day: Get an Avocado Tostada at Fairfax Subs and a portion of the proceeds goes to Selu!
- Undergraduate Stormwater Certification Course - 6 p.m. - 7 p.m. in Cook 107
The National Stormwater Center is running a pilot “Undergraduate Stormwater Certificate Course” at Radford University. Students who participate will be among the first in the country to receive this FREE student certification! In partnership with Roanoke College and the National Stormwater Center, the course will be facilitated by a Roanoke College student. Register for the Stormwater Certification course to reserve your seat!
- Earth Day Celebration - 11 p.m. - 2 p.m. in Heth Lawn: Come out for food and fun to show your support for the planet!
- Keep’n It Green Award Presentation – 12 p.m. in Heth Lawn: Attend the award presentation to meet our campus sustainability leaders!
- Stop Food Waste Day - 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. in Dalton Kitchen: Go to lunch and stop food waste! Learn about food waste around the world and what you can do to make a difference.
- Shred-a-Thon - 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. in Heth Clock Plaza. Contact: Neal Thompson at email@example.com. Securely shred and recycle unwanted documents. This free campus-wide event is open to all RU offices and departments, and students, faculty and staff with a valid RU ID.
- Tour de Radford – Bike tour of Radford City from 5 p.m. - 6 p.m.. Meet in front of Recreation and Wellness. Show up 15 minutes early with your Student ID for free bike and helmet rentals from RU Outdoors. Contact Matt Crichton at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.