Radford University has taken the following measures to have more sustainable dining operations:
- Radford University implements trayless dining to help reduce food waste, energy consumption, and water costs.
- Choose coffees that take a more sustainable approach by purchasing 100% Fair Trade, organic, shade-grown coffee, organic teas and cocoas, helping to ensure that farmers around the world receive a fair wage and can support their families, and that the natural habitat they live and work in is preserved. Learn more from Dining Services.
- Cage-Free Eggs, Sustainable Seafood-partnered with the Monterey Bay Sea Aquarium to shift purchasing standards toward sustainable seafood sources; local Growth Hormone-Free Milk; Trans-Fat Free Oils and more.
- Reusable mugs are sold in Au Bon Pain & Starbucks. Beverages are discounted 10% for anyone using a reusable mug.
- Dining Services collaborates with students to run a Food Recovery Network chapter on campus. Together they take leftover food from campus restaurants and donate it to Radford-Fairlawn Daily Bread for the people in need in the community.