Office of Student Success and Retention
The Office of Student Success and Retention (OSSR) coordinates various outreach campaigns to ensure that students feel connected to the university, are aware of services available to them and know about upcoming academic deadlines.
- Provide academic outreach to students by connecting them to appropriate supports and resources.
- Meet individually with students to assist in their development of success strategies such as time management and creating effective study schedules.
- Oversee MASH (Mentoring Academically Successful Highlanders), a mentoring program that provides academically at-risk students with an upperclassman mentor who guides them through the academic and social challenges associated with college.
- Manage Starfish, an early alert system, that allows faculty to provide timely feedback to students and help advisors know how students are performing in their classes.
- Oversee Success Coaches, who provide students an opportunity to discuss general success strategies such as time management, study skills, motivation, goal setting, and other strategies to help achieve academic success.
The Office of Student Success and Retention (OSSR) advances a student centered culture of individual success and academic persistence through collaborative and proactive initiatives. OSSR provides support and guidance to students as they pursue their academic and personal goals.