News and Announcements
In the height of this flu season, the Radford University Student Health has seen an increase in diagnosed flu cases. Please know the signs and symptoms of the flu listed below. If you are sick with these symptoms please contact the Student Health Center for a flu test.
- Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Feeling weak or more tired than usual
- Body Aches
In addition, The Center for Disease Control and Prevention encourage the following steps be taken to prevent illness as well as stop the spread of germs:
- Get a flu shot! Flu shots are still available at Student Health for $12. No appointment necessary!
- If you are sick with flu-like symptoms, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes nose and mouth
- Disinfect all surfaces at home, work or school often. (We recommend Lysol wipes.)
- Drink plenty of fluids and get your rest.
For more information regarding the flu in our area, visit the Virginia Department of Health's website here.