News and Announcements
Flu Season 2020-2021
Please select an image.
Flu season 2020-2021 has not yet begun but here is information and symptoms to look for this Fall. Do not hesitate to set up your virtual visit from your home or dorm room. The Flu Vaccine is FREE with insurance or $20 cash price. Please make yourself familiar with the signs and symptoms of the flu listed below. If you are sick with these symptoms please contact the Student Health Center for a flu test.
- Sore Throat
- Runny or Stuffy Nose
- Feeling weak or more tired than usual
- Body Aches
In addition, The Center for Disease Control and Prevention encourage the following steps be taken to prevent illness as well as stop the spread of germs:
- Get a flu shot!
- If you are sick with flu-like symptoms, stay home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your arm when you cough or sneeze.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes nose and mouth
- Disinfect all surfaces at home, work or school often. (We recommend Lysol wipes.)
- Drink plenty of fluids and get your rest.
For more information regarding the flu in our area, visit the Virginia Department of Health's website..html
Public Health Hero Award
Radford University Student Health was recognized for outstanding public health services of the New River Valley by the Virginia Department of Health and Dr. Noelle Bissell, Health Director. National Public Health Week was from April 1-7, 2019. Radford University Student Health supports the New River Health District’s program and mission to have the healthiest state in the nation. For more information please visit the website: www.nphw.org.
Picture left to right: Judith Cox DNP, Thomas Knisely DO, Meredith Peters PA, Debbie Cline NP, Wendy Gilmore LPN, Kristina Williams LPN.