Student Organization Status
The information provided is in the spirit of transparency and accountability. Student organizations at Radford University are self-governed and therefore, responsible for their choices and actions. Disciplinary infractions are reported on this website only if a student organization is found responsible following appropriate due process procedures.
Not In Good Standing: The status of being under any active conduct sanction. This includes conduct probation, deferred suspension, and suspension.
Suspension of Student Organization Status: Student organizations may have their status as a student organization suspended on a temporary or permanent basis. A student organization whose status is suspended is no longer eligible to receive benefits normally afforded to student organizations including, but not limited to, the ability to utilize University facilities or funds to support any activities related to the student organization. A suspended student organization must comply with any conditions imposed as well as any reactivation or recognition privileges in effect at the time the suspension is set to expire.
Dismissal: Conduct dismissal is the permanent separation of a student organization from the University. The sanction of dismissal resulting from a conduct hearing comes to the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students as a recommendation that is not effective until approved.
Charter Revoked: When a national organization revokes a charter and removes the chapter from Radford University.
Interim Suspension: The Vice President for Student Affairs, or designee, may defer procedural due process and enforce interim suspension if necessary to maintain safety or order. Interim suspension requires the student organization to cease all operations, including but not limited to, meetings and events (held on or off campus). Student organizations on interim suspension will be afforded a conduct conference or hearing as soon as it is practicable.
Cease and Desist: When a national organization requires the chapter to cease all operations.
Not in Good Standing
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.-Charter Revoked April 2016 (National Pan-Hellenic Council)
- Pi Kappa Phi-Dismissed and Charter Revoked June 2016 (Interfraternity Council)
- Tau Kappa Epsilon-Suspended October 2010 (Interfraternity Council)
- Sigma Kappa-Charter Revoked May 2018 (College Panhellenic Council)
- Alpha Sigma Phi-Suspended until December 31, 2021 and Charter Revoked (Interfraternity Council)
- Sigma Pi-Suspended until December 31, 2021 (Interfraternity Council)
- Pi Lambda Phi-Suspended until May 31, 2024 and Charter Suspended (Interfraternity Council)
Not Recognized by the University
- Delta Tau Chi
- Sigma Pi