Guidelines for Faculty
1. If you feel that a student may have violated a policy, the first step is talking with the student. The student may present an explanation that you feel is acceptable and no further attention is needed.
2. If the student’s actions warrant further attention then you should contact either your Academic Integrity Case Coordinator or the Office of Student Standards and Conduct. The Case Coordinator or the Office of Student Standards and Conduct can provide guidance on the process and next steps.
3. You will need to schedule a meeting to discuss the matter further with the student. In this meeting you will discuss why you believe there is an issue of academic integrity.
4. The student has two options in the meeting either to accept the voluntary resolution, which includes accepting responsibility for the violations and all sanctions, or to not accept the voluntary resolution.
5. If a student accepts the voluntary resolution then all agreed upon sanctions are implemented, and the case goes to the Office of Student Standards and Conduct to determine if additional sanctions are appropriate. If there are any prior academic integrity violations such sanctions will likely include suspension or dismissal.
6. If a student does not accept the voluntary resolution then a Hearing will occur to determine the outcome of the case.
7. After the meeting, please provide a copy of the Academic Integrity Voluntary Resolution form to the student and the Office of Student Standards and Conduct.