Staff Senate Meetings
Meetings are via Zoom.
Please join us for our monthly meetings. Let your voice be heard! Meetings begin at 9 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
New Staff Senate Zoom Link: Go into Zoom and type in the Meeting ID and Password instead of selecting the hyperlink
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://radford.zoom.us/j/92861790424, password: 513879
Join from a Telephone：Dial +1 408 638 0968 Enter Meeting ID 92861790424
International numbers available: https://radford.zoom.us/u/abukilgNqj
Join from a Room Systems: firstname.lastname@example.org
To download the zoom client, go to https://zoom.us/download
The password will be sent in an e-mail before each meeting.
INTERESTED IN STAFF SENATE?
As a Staff Senate Representative for Student Affairs, you will play a critical role in representing the interests and concerns of staff members within the department. You will collaborate with fellow Senate members to address staff-related matters and contribute to the overall betterment of our campus environment.
- Act as a voice for Student Affairs staff in Senate discussions and decisions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify and address staff needs, concerns, and suggestions.
- Engage in regular meetings and contribute constructively to Senate initiatives.
- Foster a sense of community and communication among Student Affairs staff and the wider campus community.
- Participate in committees and working groups focused on staff welfare and development.
If you would like to join Staff Senate as an Officer, send your name to me at email@example.com. Once I receive the nominations, I will call for a vote. If you have any questions or would like more information about the Staff Senate positions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Staff Senate President
The Radford University Staff Senate was created in 1995 to give classified staff a voice in the governance of Radford University. Staff Senate meetings are open to the university community and are usually held on the third Thursday of each month beginning at 9 a.m. All university staff are invited and encouraged to attend.
2022 Bea Covington Award Winner announced:
Congratulations to James Harman- Art Director in the Marketing & Communication department.
The Staff Senate presents the award annually to honor employees who "consistently demonstrate a positive attitude and treat others with dignity, respect and kindness." Click on this link for Bea Covington Award details.
2023-2024 Meeting Schedule
- NO July 2023 Meeting
- Thursday August 17, 2023 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday September 21, 2023 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday October 19, 2023 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday November 16, 2023 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday December 21, 2023 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday January 18, 2024 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday February 15, 2024 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday March 21, 2024 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday April 18, 2024 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday May 16, 2024 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
- Thursday, June 20, 2024 - 9:00 a.m. Zoom
Meetings held via Zoom:
Zoom Link: https://radford.zoom.us/j/92861790424
2023 - 2024 Staff Senate Executive Officers
President: Sharon K. Proffitt
Vice President: Felicia McMillian
Secretary: Amanda Lawson
Parliamentarian: Lin Martin
Past President: Christi Wayne
Awards and Recognitions
Bea Covington Recipients
- 2022: James Harman
- 2021: Jessica Stone
- 2020: Teresa Chapman
- 2019: Kim Wilson
- 2018: Brenda Nicewander
- 2017: Kathy Burnett
- 2016: Felicia McMillian
- 2015: Betty Smith
- 2014: David "Beaver" Buchanan
- 2013: LuAnn Gilbert
- 2012: Pam Duncan
- 2011: Marie Testerman
Keep'n It Green Award Winners
- 2022: No nominee, no winner.
- 2021: Emily Hall
- 2020: No winner-due to Covid 19 pandemic
- 2019: Virginia Tinsley, Rick Van Noy, Karla Colina
- 2018: Jillian Webber, Allison Wisecup, Tucker Morgan
- 2017: Rick Roth, Luis Arias, Michele Jenkins
- 2015: Samuel "Sammy" Burton
- 2014: Pavan Muddanna
- 2013: Patricia Nolen
- 2012: Joshua Williams
- 2011: Jo Ann Alger