The Housing and Residential Life team is excited to welcome residents to campus! As we anticipate your arrival please note the following move-in details. Students should monitor the university email for important move-in information from our office. Continue to check this page for updates and important information related to check-in and inclement weather changes should they occur. See you soon!
FIRST YEAR and TRANSFER Student Move-In
Tuesday, August 15 — Wednesday, August 16, 2023
RETURNING Student Move-In
Saturday, August 19, 2023
Radford University Carilion Student Move-In
Tuesday, August 15, 2023
BEFORE ARRIVING TO CAMPUS
- Confirm your move-in timeslot
Timeslots occur in 3-hour blocks between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Residents should arrive at that scheduled time for check-in. If you are unable to make your timeslot, please contact our office. Review the Move-in Timeslot Guide to assist you with choosing a slot that works best for you.
NOTE: some programs such as the Honor’s College, living-learning communities, or athletics teams may require you to move-in on a particular day for program purposes. Consult your program contact for that information as you select a timeslot.
- Complete all requirements to be eligible for check in
Our staff will verify upon arrival at the move-in tent for check-in.
- Obtain your OneCard (for individual verification and building access)
- Resolve your student account (Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid)
- Submit required admissions forms if applicable (student health, criminal history disclosure, etc.)
- We strongly encourage you to contact campus services offices prior to move-in to settle student account matters. The following offices will be open Monday, August 14 - Friday, August 18 from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. during move-in week.
- In addition, some university offices will also offer extended business hours on Saturday, August 19 from 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
PARKING ON CAMPUS
30-minute Temporary unloading locations, associated with buildings, are listed below. After unloading, you will be directed to park in designated long-term lots. Please refer to the color-coded move-in map to identify which lot and building you should report to for check-in.
- Lots F & G (Muse Hall, Jefferson Hall, Madison Hall)
- Lots JJ & AA (Floyd Hall, Peery Hall, Trinkle Hall, Stuart Hall)
- Lots M & HH (Moffett Hall, Bolling Hall, Pocahontas Hall)
- Lot DD (Washington Hall, Ingles Hall, Draper Hall)
- Lot EE (Accessible parking only)
- Lot PS - Printing Services (University-Operated Apartments)
CHECKING IN AT MOVE-IN TENTS
Move-in tents are located near each of the designated 30-minute temporary unloading lots and is where students will complete the check-in process. Follow these steps to complete check-in.
- Go to the designated move-in tent for your assigned building. Use the move-in map to locate your move-in tent and temporary unloading lot.
- Present your RUID to one of our team members at the move-in tent for check-in verification.
- Once, verified our staff will scan your OneCard to check you into our system and then issue you your room key(s).
- You will receive a vehicle hangtag for 30-minute temporary unloading. Be prepared to provide driver contact number and vehicle tag information.
- Upon unloading your vehicle, proceed to your building to place your belongings in your assigned space.
- Once the 30-minute unloading period expires, move vehicle to long-term resident parking lots.
- You’re all checked in!
HIGHLANDER HAULER ASSISTANCE
- Campus community volunteers called “Highlander Haulers” will help residents and their families as they move-in. They will assist with information, additional hands, cold water, and celebrating your arrival to campus. Volunteers will have on bright colored shirts, making them easily identifiable.
- Volunteer stations located near each move-in tents will be stocked with carts and laundry bins. You are welcome to bring your own carts and dollies to support your move.
GETTING SETTLED IN YOUR ROOM
- Once in your space, check everything listed on your Room Condition Form (instructions will be given at check-in). Document any pre-existing issues to avoid charges for damages unaccounted for at the time of move-in.
- Report any facilities issues you may be having to our staff in order that we can investigate and report.
- We will have loft kits available for check-out at each building. Loft kits will be checked out to students on a first come, first served basis.
- Troubleshoot cable, electrical outlets, and logging into the computer network with appropriate offices using the IT/Network information provided when at the front desk of your hall (or apartment office). The responsible departments will have crews traveling around the halls to address issues throughout the day.
University-Operated Apartment Check-In
- Check-in procedures are the same as listed above.
- Only one vehicle is permitted at the check-in location. Long-term resident parking for additional vehicles and trailers during move-in is located at the designated university parking lot for your apartment building.
- Park in university lots to avoid being towed. The University is not responsible for towing resulting from parking in non-university lots.