Exemption Request Process
The On Campus Boarding Policy States:
All first time, first semester students under the age of 21 are required to live in Radford University operated housing for at least four consecutive full semesters.
Exemptions to this policy may be granted if the student:
· Lives with relatives or legal guardians who are age 21 or over and are permanent residents within commuting distance of the University (1 hr. drive time or 60 miles).
· Is currently or previously married.
· Has served at least one year active duty in US Military forces.
· Has a disability that RU is unable to accommodate. (Student must register with the Center for Accessibility Services).
· Has received permission from the Director of Housing and Residential Life or appropriate designee.
It is our goal to provide communities and facilities that support all students who live on campus at Radford University. We strongly advise you not sign a lease or enter into an off-campus housing arrangement unless you are exempt from the requirement to live on campus or released from the Residential Student Agreement.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy and what it means for you, please feel free to contact us at (540)831-5375.
Currently enrolled students may request to be released from the On Campus Boarding Policy and/or the Terms and Conditions of the Residential Student Agreement by completing the application process linked below. Supporting documentation is required depending on the nature of the request.