Release Request Process
The On Campus Boarding Policy States:
Students admitted prior to Fall 2017 - All students are required to live in Radford University operated housing for at least four consecutive full semesters.
Students admitted Fall 2017 and after - All first time, first semester students under the age of 21 are required to live in Radford University operated housing for at least four consecutive full semesters.
Exemptions to this policy may be granted if the student:
· Lives with relatives or legal guardians who are age 21 or over and are permanent residents within commuting distance of the University (1 hr. drive time or 60 miles).
· Is currently or previously married.
· Has served at least one year active duty in US Military forces.
· Has a disability that RU is unable to accommodate. (Student must register with the Center for Accessibility Services).
· Has successfully completed the off-campus living educational session, when offered. This educational session is not offered to students until their second semester of residency and does not superseded existing housing agreements.
· Has received permission from the Director of Housing and Residential Life or appropriate designee.
It is our goal to provide communities and facilities that support all students who live on campus at Radford University. We strongly advise you not sign a lease or enter into an off-campus housing arrangement until you have been released from your housing agreement.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy and what it means for you, please feel free to contact us at (540)831-5375.
Currently enrolled students may request to be released from the On Campus Boarding Policy and/or the Residential Student Agreement by completing the application process linked below. Supporting documentation may be required depending on the nature of the request.
Request Release from the 2018-19 Residential Student Agreement/On Campus Boarding Policy Fall 2018 Term - For Current and New Residents