Before you apply
Please read the Terms and Conditions of the Residential Student Agreement. Similar to a lease, it is a legally binding contract.
Room Deposit Information
You will need to submit a $100 Room Deposit at the time of registration.
Room Deposit Waiver Information
Eligible students may qualify for a Deposit Waiver. Eligibility for Room Deposit Waiver is determied by your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by your FAFSA.
Returning students: Complete a Room Deposit Waiver and return to Housing and Residential Life via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to 540-831-6654.
New students: Please contact the Office of Admissions for more information on requesting and submitting a waiver.
How to apply for housing
Gather or confirm the information you need to complete your application
- Emergency contact information.
- Medical conditions and prescribed medications.
- Personal cell phone number.
- Roommate request information – if you have a preferred roommate for next year you will need to know their Radford ID number to complete the application.
Log in to the OneCampus Portal
Select the housing tile.
Select the Housing Applications link to complete your application.
- Make sure to answer all of the questions and supply accurate information on the application. We make room assignments based on your profile information, be sure to answer profile questions honestly.
- If you have any questions regarding the housing application process please contact the Office of Residential Life (email@example.com, 540-831-5375).
Room Assignment Process
New students are assigned by our staff based on the date they sign the Residential Student Agreement. New students are not eligible to participate in online room selection at this time.
- Students can edit application preferences until June 1.
- The priority deadline for new student roommate groups is June 1 - requests for roommates after June 1 will be considered but it is less likely we will be able to make late requests.
- Roommate placements depend on available space. While we make every effort to assign you with your requested roommate, we are not able to guarantee all requests.
- How to Create/Join a Roommate Group (PDF).
Room and board charges will be billed to student accounts beginning in July.
Room assignment notifications will be sent to the student Radford.edu email account on July 30.
Currently Enrolled Students
Currently enrolled students who sign a Residential Student Agreement by the Priority Housing deadline are eligible to select an apartment, residence hall penthouse unit, residence hall super suite or residence hall room. Currently enrolled students who apply after the priority application deadline will be assigned by Housing and Residential Life based on date of deposit or deposit waiver and application. The specific deadline changes from year to year, but is typically two weeks after the application opens. Current students will receive an email announcing Housing Sign Up with specfic dates and instructions.
Online Apartment and Residence Hall Room Selection:
- Students who submit an application by the deadline will be given the opportunity to participate in online room selection.
- Only confirmed roommates who have submitted a priority application will be eligible to be placed in a room during online room selection.
- Time slots will be assigned based on class standing and Radford ID number. Students will receive an email with their time slot and room selection instructions.
- If an entire room/unit is open, one roommate may place their confirmed roommate in that room/unit with them.
- Group members should coordinate their selection and ensure all group members are assigned in the same room/unit at the same time.
- To participate in Room Selection, applicants must have applied by the priority deadline and signed the Residential Student Agreement.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-831-5375 if you have questions or need assistance.
- For more information on available apartments, please see our University Operated Apartments page.