Before you apply
Please read the Terms and Conditions of the Residential Student Agreement. Similar to a lease, it is a legally binding contract.
You will need to confirm your enrollment in order to apply to live on campus.
To confirm your enrollment, log into MyRU and select the Finances icon. Go to the Office of the Bursar channel, click the Confirm My Enrollment link for your intended campus (Radford University or Radford University Carillion), and fill out the brief form. After submitting your enrollment confirmation, you should expect to receive an email in the next 24-48 hours with more information about next steps including the housing application and registering for Quest.
For a full step-by-step set of instructions with screenshots, feel free to refer to the Confirm Your Enrollment page from the Office of Admissions.
Currently Enrolled Students
How to apply for housing
Gather or confirm the information you need to complete your application
- Emergency contact information.
- Medical conditions and prescribed medications.
- Personal cell phone number.
- Roommate request information – if you have a preferred roommate for next year you will need to know their Radford ID number to complete the application.
Log in to the MyRU portal.
Select the housing icon.
Select the Housing Applications link to complete your application.
- If you have any questions regarding the housing application process please contact the Residential Life Office (email@example.com, 540-831-5375).
- Make sure to answer all of the questions and supply accurate information on the application. We make room assignments based on your profile information, be sure to answer profile questions honestly.
- When your application and contract are complete, click the final submit button.
- After completing the application return to your homepage to confirm your application has been completed and submitted.
- If you want to edit any of the application information you can use these directions to access your account and make necessary updates or changes.
Room Assignment Process
New students are assigned to available spaces based on the date they confirmed enrollment and submitted their housing application. While we make every effort to accommodate roommate requests, we do not guarantee you will be paired with your selected roommate. We recommend waiting until you have your official assignment notification before purchasing shared items, or save your receipts in case you need to return items perviously purchased.
Currently Enrolled Students
Currently enrolled students are eligible to apply via the Priority Housing Application. Students who submit a Priority Housing Application by the deadline are eligible to select an apartment, residence hall penthouse unit, residence hall super suite or residence hall room. Currently enrolled students who apply after the priority application deadline will be assigned by Housing and Residential Life based on date of deposit or deposit waiver and application.
Online Apartment and Residence Hall Room Selection:
- Students who submit a priority housing application by the deadline will be given the opportunity to participate in online room selection.
- Only confirmed roommates who have submitted a priority application will be eligible to be placed in a room during online room selection.
- Time slots will be assigned based on class standing and Radford ID number. Students will receive an email with their time slot and room selection instructions.
- If an entire room/unit is open, one roommate may place their confirmed roommate in that room/unit with them.
- Group members should coordinate their selection and ensure all group members are assigned in the same room/unit at the same time.
- Following room selection, applicants will be required to sign the Residential Student Agreement and Apartment Addendum (if applicable).
- Students bound to the On-campus Boarding Policy must sign a Residential Student Agreement
- Students not bound to the On-campus Boarding Policy who do not sign a Residential Student Agreement and Apartment Addendum (if applicable) will not be obligated to do so. Any room reserved during online room selection will be released for assignment to another student.
- More information and instructions on signing the Residential Student Agreement and any required addendum will be sent to students' university email account.
- If you did not receive room assignment confirmation from our office, you were not successful in selecting your room
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org | 540-831-5375 if you have questions or need assistance.
- For more information on available apartments, please see our "University Operated Apartments" page.