Before you apply
Please read the Terms and Conditions of the Residential Student Agreement. Similar to a lease, it is a legally binding contract:
How to apply for housing
You will need to pay a housing deposit in order to apply to live on campus.
To pay your room deposit, log into MyRU and select the Finances icon. When your payment is complete, return to the housing application. Deposits can take up to 20 minutes to process. If your deposit is in process for more than 20 minutes, please contact the Office of Housing and Residential Life at (540)831-5375.
Room deposits are applied toward room charges once they have been assessed. For more information about room deposits, please see the Residential Student Agreement referenced above.
Gather the information you need to complete your application
- Emergency contact information.
- Medical conditions and prescribed medications.
- Personal cell phone number.
- Roommate request information – if you have a preferred roommate for next year you will need to know their Radford ID number to complete the application.
Log in to the MyRU portal.
Select the housing icon.
Follow the application link to complete the New Freshman or Transfer application.
- You will be presented with an application link based on your student status, if you have questions about your admission status please contact the Admissions Office.
- If you have any questions regarding the housing application process please contact the Residential Life Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-831-5375).
- Make sure to answer all of the questions and supply accurate information on the application. We make room assignments based on your profile information, be sure to answer profile questions honestly.
- When your application and contract are complete, click the final submit button.
- After completing the application return to your homepage to confirm your application has been completed and submitted.
- If you want to edit any of the application information you can use these directions to access your account and make necessary updates or changes.
Room Assignment Process
New students are assigned to available spaces based on the date of housing deposit and submitted housing application. While we make every effort to accommodate roommate requests, we do not guarantee you will be paired with your selected roommate. We recommend waiting until you have your official assignment notification before purchasing shared items, or save your receipts in case you need to return items perviously purchased.
Currently Enrolled Students
Currently enrolled students are eligible to apply via the Priorty Housing Application. Students who submit a Priority Housing Application by the deadline are able to apply for an apartment, residence hall penthouse unit or residence hall super suite and are eligible to choose their residence hall room. Students will be selected for apartments and residence hall penthouses and super suties before online room selection.
Students who wish to apply for apartments, residence hall penthouse, or super suite units must have submitted their deposit and Priority Housing Application by the deadline. While we allow for a small number of spaces in apartments for individual students, however, most units are filled by roommate groups.
Apartment, penthouse, and super suite units are assigned based on the following criteria:
- Date of housing deposit and submitted housing application
- Ability to fill a unit
- Total group credit hours
Adding or removing a member of your group could change your priorty on the list. All group members must have submitted a housing deposit and housing application by the priority deadline to be eligible.
Students selected for apartments will be notified via an email to their @radford.edu account.
Students selected for apartments must complete and return the Apartment Addendum to the Residential Student Agreement by the submission deadline or they forfeit the unit and it will be assigned to the next student/group on the waiting list.
Online Room Selection:
- Students who wish to select a room in a residence hall must submit a housing deposit and housing application by the priority housing deadline.
- Selection occurrs in the order of housing deposit and submitted housing application.
- Students will be sent an email (@radford.edu) with the time when they can begin to look for and select a room.
- If an entire room is open, one roommate may place their confirmed roommate in that room with them.
- Both students must have a completed application by the priority deadline and confirm their roommate selection via the application process.
- If you did not receive room assignment confirmation from our office, you were not successful in selecting your room.
- Please contact email@example.com | 540-831-5375 if you have questions or need assistance.
Currently enrolled students who apply after the priority application deadline will be allocated to rooms in the residence halls by Housing and Residential Life.