Before you apply
Please read the Terms and Conditions of the Residential Student Agreement. Similar to a lease, it is a legally binding contract.
How to apply for housing
You will need to pay a housing deposit in order to apply to live on campus.
To pay your room deposit, log into MyRU and select the Finances icon. When your payment is complete, return to the housing application. Deposits can take up to 20 minutes to process. If your deposit is in process for more than 20 minutes, please contact the Office of Housing and Residential Life at (540)831-5375.
Room deposits are applied toward room charges once they have been assessed. For more information about room deposits, please see the Residential Student Agreement referenced above.
Gather the information you need to complete your application
- Emergency contact information.
- Medical conditions and prescribed medications.
- Personal cell phone number.
- Roommate request information – if you have a preferred roommate for next year you will need to know their Radford ID number to complete the application.
Log in to the MyRU portal.
Select the housing icon.
Follow the application link to complete the New Freshman or Transfer application.
- You will be presented with an application link based on your student status, if you have questions about your admission status please contact the Admissions Office.
- If you have any questions regarding the housing application process please contact the Residential Life Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-831-5375).
- Make sure to answer all of the questions and supply accurate information on the application. We make room assignments based on your profile information, be sure to answer profile questions honestly.
- When your application and contract are complete, click the final submit button.
- After completing the application return to your homepage to confirm your application has been completed and submitted.
- If you want to edit any of the application information you can use these directions to access your account and make necessary updates or changes.
Room Assignment Process
New students are assigned to available spaces based on the date of housing deposit and submitted housing application. While we make every effort to accommodate roommate requests, we do not guarantee you will be paired with your selected roommate. We recommend waiting until you have your official assignment notification before purchasing shared items, or save your receipts in case you need to return items perviously purchased.
Currently Enrolled Students
Currently enrolled students are eligible to apply via the Priority Housing Application. Students who submit a Priority Housing Application by the deadline are eligible to select an apartment, residence hall penthouse unit, residence hall super suite or residence hall room. Currently enrolled students who apply after the priority application deadline will be assigned by Housing and Residential Life based on date of deposit and application.
Online Apartment and Residence Hall Room Selection:
- Students who submit a priority housing application by the deadline will be given the opportunity to participate in online room selection.
- Only confirmed roommates who have submitted a priority application will be eligible to be placed in a room during online room selection.
- Time slots will be assigned based on class standing and Radford ID number. Students will receive an email with their time slot and room selection instructions.
- If an entire room/unit is open, one roommate may place their confirmed roommate in that room/unit with them.
- Group members should coordinate their selection and ensure all group members are assigned in the same room/unit at the same time.
- Following room selection, applicants will have until April 1, 2019 to sign the Residential Student Agreement and Apartment Addendum (if applicable).
- Students bound to the On-campus Boarding Policy must sign a Residential Student Agreement by April 1, 2019
- Students not bound to the On-campus Boarding Policy who do not sign a Residential Student Agreement and Apartment Addendum (if applicable) will not be obligated to do so. Any room reserved during online room selection will be released for assignment to another student.
- More information and instructions on signing the Residential Student Agreement and any required addendum will be sent to students' university email account.
- If you did not receive room assignment confirmation from our office, you were not successful in selecting your room
- Please contact email@example.com | 540-831-5375 if you have questions or need assistance.
- For more information on available apartments, please see our "University Operated Apartments" page.