Mission & Vision
The mission of OHRL is to provide an inclusive living and learning environment that fosters a sense of belonging where students can pursue academic success and cultivate meaningful relationships within well-maintained facilities. Our student centered approach promotes student learning and development while preparing residents to engage in a diverse and changing society.
Providing an exemplary residential experience where students are inspired and prepared to become the leaders of tomorrow.
Student Learning: At the heart of our work is providing experiences that promote student learning.
Inclusion: We work to ensure that all residents are heard and have a place in our communities.
Exceptional service: In all aspects we strive to provide excellent service to students, parents, and university partners.
Responsible Stewardship: We appropriately manage our resources in a way that reflects responsibility.
Residential Curriculum Goals and Learning Outcomes
Our educational priority is for students to develop the academic and personal development skills necessary to succeed at Radford University.
Resiliency: Students who demonstrate resiliency have developed the skills necessary to endure adversity and persist to achieve their goals.
- · Students will be able to outline steps to achieve their goals.
- · Students will be able to learn strategies to persist after failure.
- · Students will be able to implement self-advocacy skills.
Academic Readiness: Students who demonstrate academic readiness have utilized appropriate skills and resources in pursuit of their educational goals and career aspirations.
- · Students will be able to utilize appropriate resources.
- · Students will be able to practice effective academic skills.
- · Students will be able to connect their academic choices to their post-undergraduate goals.
Healthy Relationships: Students who engage in healthy relationships have cultivated effective communication and reflection skills to connect with others in the community, respect differences, and navigate conflict.
- · Students will be able to engage in self-reflection to become the best version of themselves.
- · Students will be able to employ communication skills that foster healthy relationships.
- · Students will be able to demonstrate respect for others to promote an inclusive environment.
- · Students will be able to productively navigate conflict.
Radford Community: Students who engage in the Radford Community have developed a sense of belonging and pride in their identity as a Highlander through connections with individuals, traditions, and the institution.
- · Students will be able to engage in activities that strengthen their connections within the Radford community.
- · Students will be able to demonstrate pride in their Highlander identity.
- · Students will be able to develop a sense of belonging at Radford.