Forms and Templates
Please complete this form if you need access to be able to submit an IRB protocol and do not currently have access to InfoEd Global.
Please complete this form to be put on the IRB-Info listserv, where you will receive the latest news, information, tips, training materials, etc., regarding the IRB Office, software, and protocol processing.
While you must use the eForm within InfoEd for your Initial Application, the below Word version of the Application for Initial Review closely approximates the online eForm in InfoEd. You may use it as templates in which to draft your submission before entering it into InfoEd, if desired. This is not required and the entire application can be written online via the eform application, if preferred.
In time, the Modification form and others will be built into InfoEd, but for now, please include the below Word versions of the Modification, Continuation and Closure forms when needing to modify (or amend, as these terms are synonymous in this circumstance), continue or close your studies.
Please note that InfoEd recommends copying Word document text into NotePad or similar software to strip away the extra coding that Word applies to its text before copying it into InfoEd’s eforms.
- Application for Initial Review - *** Please note: This is only for drafting your protocol and will not be accepted as an upload in replacement of the e-form in InfoEd. You must complete the mandatory e-form in its entirety and submit to the Research Compliance Office in order for your application to be reviewed.
- Investigator Agreement Form - ONLY the PI and any external (non-Radford personnel or student) collaborators included on a protocol are required to submit this form and their CV.
- Investigator Agreement Form Instructions
- Modification of IRB Protocol Form- For more information on how to submit this form, please see the InfoEd and IRB How To's page.
- Study Continuation Form- For more information on how to submit this form, please see the InfoEd and IRB How To's page.
- Study Closure Report
Additional forms and templates are available for download in the following listing of resources.
Resources and Guidance
- IRB User Resources - D2L Repository of Detailed InfoEd Tutorials With Screenshots
- Go to the D2L Self-Registration page
- Select the "course" titled "IRB User Resources"
- IRB New Submission Checklist
- Requirements for Informed Consent
- Minimum Content Required for Letters of Support/Cooperation
- Sample Procedures
Consent Form Templates
- Adult Consent Template
- Cover Letter for Internet Research
- Child (7-12) Assent Template (to be used in conjunction with, but separate from, the Parent Consent Form)
- Youth (13-17) Assent Template (to be added to the end of the Parent Consent Form)
- Mentally Incapacitated Adult Assent Template
- Parent & Child Consent Template (for studies involving both parent and child)
- Parental Consent Template (for studies involving children, see Assent Forms above)
- The consent waiver is built into the initial application eform in the InfoEd Global System.