Personal Training Policies & Contact
Questions or Comments?
|Liz Greenlee||Assistant Director for Wellness & Fitnessfirstname.lastname@example.org||540-831-7772|
|Zack Bezek||Personal Training Supervisoremail@example.com||540-831-7834|
FITWELL GENERAL POLICIES
- FitWell programs and services are created to meet the needs of the students at Radford University.
- All participants in Group X and Personal Training Services must be affiliated with Radford University.
- By participating in our programs, services, and events, you are answering "No" to the following questions. If you answer "Yes" to any of the questions, please fill out a medical release form and turn it in to Liz Greenlee in the SRWC.
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only perform physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you perform physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not performing any physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing any medication for your blood pressure or for a heart condition?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not engage in physical activity?
- As a part of the Department of Student Recreation and Wellness, the FitWell program area abides by the SRW Policies, Facility Policies, and University policies.
Personal Training Policies
- All clients must adhere to the SRWC facility policies and Weight Room Policies.
- Clients must be actively enrolled Radford University students or have an active membership to the Student Recreation & Wellness Center.
- All clients must fill out a PAR-Q form prior to training. This form is usually filled out during the initial consultation.
- Clients may be required to show proof of payment to their trainers before beginning a session.
- Purchased sessions must be used by June 30 of that same year. Exceptions must be approved by the Assistant Director for Wellness and Fitness. Unused sessions will be forfeited after June 30.
- Please bring a water bottle and towel to each session.
- Cancellations must be communicated at least 24 hours in advance. The trainer reserves the right to forfeit a session or appointment if the client is late or cancelled less than 24 hours in advance.
- Clients will be awarded one free post-assessment session after completing 8 sessions.
- REFUND POLICY: Refunds will only be given for cancellations based on medical reasons. A medical notice will be required and there will be a $10.00 administrative charge. All refunds must be requested during the semester in which the packages are purchased. If packages go un-used and a refund is not requested, the sessions and payments are forfeited.