The Sports Club Council (SCC) was created in the fall of 2000 to represent recognized sport clubs at Radford University that continuously remain in good standing and represent Radford University in a positive light.
Simply being a sport club does not guarantee membership in the SCC. The Council requires it's members to have a strong student run administration and continuously remain in good standing with Radford University and the department of Student Recreation and Wellness. Clubs must serve a minimum one year probationary term prior to being admitted into the SCC. Sports Clubs are not eligible for funding untlil their membership to the SCC is fully granted
The following are requirements for full membership but are not limited to:
- Must be recognized by Radford University
- Must present a strong financial need
- Maintain adequate facilities
- Abides by Radford University student and club policies
- Abides by Radford University safety standards
- Abides by the SCC handbook
- Must not be currently or have a history of excessive debt and/or outstanding balances
Once a club is given full membership into the SCC, they will receive a set amount of funding. The SCC meets weekly to discuss all budget requests and other council dealings. Full members are granted voting rights. Sports Clubs must continue to maintain the standards set forth in the SCC handbook.