Radford University Board of Visitors to Consider 2023-2024 Tuition and Fees
Radford University Board of Visitors will consider tuition and mandatory fee rates for the 2023-2024 academic year at a special-called meeting on April 28, 2023.
In preparation for the meeting, the Board of Visitors will host a budget overview and public comment session on April 14, 2023 from 1 - 2:30 p.m. in the Mary Ann Jennings Hovis Memorial Board Room in Martin Hall at 915 East Main Street, Radford.
During this session, Vice President for Finance and Administration Rob Hoover will present a financial overview and fiscal year 2024 considerations. Following the presentation, the Board of Visitors will receive public comment on the proposed tuition and fee rates.
The Board of Visitors will consider an increase between 0 and 4 percent in both tuition and mandatory fees for undergraduate students. Radford University has maintained a strong commitment to the Highlander educational experience remaining accessible and affordable for students and their families now and into the future. Radford University remains one of the lowest total cost public institutions in Virginia. Several factors will determine the final increase, including: the anticipated budget for the Commonwealth of Virginia and specific allocations to support the University, as well as student service initiatives contained in the University’s Strategic Plan, rising operational costs and any state-mandated compensation increases.
Anyone interested in the opportunity to provide public comment, please see the following.
- The public can sign up to speak at the Public Comment Session by emailing email@example.com until noon on Wednesday, April 12, 2023.
- Each speaker is limited to three minutes and must restrict their comments to tuition and fees only. A written copy of the comments is requested, but not required.
- Anyone who has not signed up to speak by the deadline may sign-in at the Public Comment Session. If time permits, they will be given an opportunity to speak.
- During the Public Comment Session, Board members will not provide comment, feedback or answer questions; however, every comment will be heard and considered.
- Written comments may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org until 5 p.m. on April 25, 2023.
- Copies of the public comments will be provided to all Board members for review prior to any decision regarding tuition and fees.
- Please call 540-831-5426 with any questions about the process.
The Board of Visitors meeting on April 28, 2023 at 1 p.m. will be all virtual and can be accessed from the Board of Visitors website. During the meeting, should there be a disruption in the audio or video transmission, please call 540-831-5426. The meeting will recess until public access is restored. If changes are made to the format of the meeting, a new meeting notice will be issued.
Radford University is providing notice of the Board of Visitors’ consideration of tuition and mandatory fees rates for the 2023-2024 academic year and the opportunity for public comment in accordance with Code of Virginia §23.1-307. D. and E.