Radford University Board of Visitors to Consider 2020-2021 Tuition and Fees
In accordance with Code of Virginia §23.1-307. D. and E., Radford University is providing notice that the Board of Visitors will consider tuition and mandatory fees rates for the 2020-2021 academic year at their quarterly meeting, currently scheduled for May 1, 2020.
In preparation for the meeting, the Board of Visitors will host a budget overview and public comment session on April 17, 2020 from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Mary Ann Jennings Hovis Memorial Board Room on the Third Floor of Martin Hall. During this session, Vice President for Finance and Administration and Chief Financial Officer Chad A. Reed will present the proposed 2020-2021 financial overview. Following the presentation, the Board of Visitors will receive public comment on the proposed tuition and fees.
The Board of Visitors will consider an increase of between zero percent and 6.99 percent in both tuition and mandatory fees for undergraduate students. Several factors will determine the final increase percent, including: the final budget for the Commonwealth of Virginia and specific allocations to support Radford University and Radford University Carilion, as well as student service initiatives contained in the University’s 2018-2023 Strategic Plan, Embracing the Tradition and Envisioning the Future, rising operational costs and any state-mandated compensation increases.
Public Comment and COVID-19 Precautions
In order to provide opportunities to the public for comment and maintain compliance with Executive Order 53 by the Governor of Virginia and recommendations of the Virginia Department of Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the following practices will be observed.
- The information and public comment session will be available by Zoom. Details for the remote video connection may be found below.
- To sign up to speak remotely, email email@example.com between April 1, 2020 and 10 a.m. on April 17, 2020.
- Written comments are encouraged and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org from the time of the release of this notice until midnight on April 17, 2020.
- Anyone speaking is asked to also provide a written copy of comments.
- Comments will be limited to the topic of tuition and fees.
- Speakers will be limited to three minutes.
- No more than 10 people are allowed in a meeting space.
- If there is time available, anyone watching remotely who has not signed up to speak, but would like to do so, will be provided the opportunity.
- Copies of the public comments will be provided to all Board members for review.
- Board members will not provide comment and feedback or answer questions; however, every comment will be heard and considered.
- Please call 540-831-5426 with any questions about the process.
Information for remote video connection:
Please click the link below to join the Zoom webinar:
Or to join by telephone:
Dial: 1 646 876 9923
Webinar ID: 972 5224 5240
Due to COVID-19 precautions, the Business Affairs and Audit Committee will not meet, and the tuition and fee recommendation will be presented at the next Board of Visitors meeting. Prior to the meeting, the full agenda with supporting materials will be posted on the Radford University Board of Visitors website.