Davis College honors students; inducts 21 into Beta Gamma Sigma honor society
Radford University’s Davis College of Business and Economics inducted 21 student members into its Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) honor society chapter in a Nov. 27 ceremony at Kyle Hall.
The International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma recognizes academic excellence at the world's top business schools – those accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Since its founding in 1913, BGS has established more than 590 collegiate chapters in 190 countries.
Membership into Radford’s BGS chapter is limited to Davis College juniors and seniors who rank in the top 10 percent of their class and MBA students in the top 20 percent.
Opening the ceremony, Davis College Dean Joy Bhadury reminded the inductees of “what a singular honor it is” to be among those selected for the prestigious honor society, which has more than 830,000 members worldwide.
Beta Gamma Sigma membership “is the highest honor bestowed upon the top undergraduate and graduate students at an accredited business school,” the dean said. “We are gathered here tonight to recognize the very best.”
Senior inductees included:
- Gregory Capps, Economics
- Mark Crawford, Finance
- Keja Dillard, Finance
- Joseph Hall, Management
- Scholar Jackson, Finance
- Meredith Law, Accounting and finance
- Madeline Marshall, Marketing
- Odesia Millner, Management
- Tucker Morgan, Economics
- Chalise Rodriguez, Management
- Kaleb Stroop, Management
Junior inductees included:
- Ibraheem Alghofaily, Accounting
- Jonathan Anglin, Accounting and finance
- Alexandros Caldwell, Management
- Courtenay Kaplan, Marketing
- Sienna Kellum, Management
- Benjamin Lewis, Accounting and finance
- Matthew Wilkinson, Finance
- Jasmine Wilson, Management
Shannon Keener was the graduate student inductee.
“We congratulate you, and we’re very proud of you,” said Associate Dean Angela Stanton, who serves as BGS faculty advisor. “You are the best and brightest in the Davis College of Business and Economics.”
In closing, Bhaduri thanked BGS officers for their dedication to the chapter. Officers for the 2018-19 academic year are Reagan Elkins, Jennifer Falconer, Jacqueline Trabosh, Valerie Gonzalez and Jarid Weddle.
BGS inductees were among the students recognized later that night at the Davis College Fall Honors Program in Kyle Hall 340. Alpha Mu Alpha, Beta Alpha Psi, Omicron Delta Epsilon and Sigma Iota Epsilon also received recognition.
Davis College Outstanding Student Awards were given to individuals who had been selected by faculty as being outstanding in their discipline. Awards were presented to:
- Sean Farner, Accounting
- Kelsey Vaught, Finance
- Derrick Smith, Management
- Jennifer Falconer, Marketing
- Matthew Soukup, Part-time MBA
- Kalub Lambert, Student Service Award
- Cole Harris, Dean’s Award
- Kelsey Vaught, Delta Sigma Pi Scholarship Key
- Sean Farner, Davis College Scholar Award
- Jennifer Falconer, Davis College Outstanding Student Award