Celebrating October as National Campus Sustainability Month
October is National Campus Sustainability Month and to celebrate, Radford University Sustainability is organizing the university’s first Campus Sustainability Week.
Everyone in the university community is invited to participate.
During the week of Oct. 2-6, activities will include:
· Monday, Oct. 3, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. in Bonnie Plaza. Sustainability Week Kickoff! Contact Josh Nease (email@example.com) to get your organization or program involved.
· Monday, Oct. 3, noon at Bonnie Plaza. Campus Sustainability Scavenger Hunt. Bring a team to register.
· Tuesday, Oct. 4. Sustainability Trivia in Dalton Dining Hall during lunch.
· Wednesday, Oct. 4, 11 a.m. – 3 p.m. DIY terrariums by RSPaCE in Bonnie Plaza.
· Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 6:30 p.m. in Bonnie Auditorium. “Chasing Coral” documentary viewing and discussion.
· Thursday, Oct. 5. Mobile Shred-a-Thon. RU Recycling is arranging to pick up documents to be shredded and recycled at several campus locations to be announced.
· “Now Your Now” sessions about campus sustainability, recycling, food waste and more Project Green Challenge.
Planning is underway and more activities are being added each day.
All campus organizations and programs are encouraged to participate in the Sustainability Week kickoff event or plan and host their own sustainability-themed activities throughout the week leading up to Homecoming, Oct. 6-8.
To learn more, contact Sustainability Manager Josh Nease at 540-831-5223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.