Media highlights Criminal Justice crime scene practicum
Criminal Justice Professor Tod Burke’s Criminal Investigative Theory class walked into a middle of a mock crime scene, where students used the same methods and practices as real police officers in analyzing and securing a crime scene. WDBJ7 covered the hands-on practicum.
In case you missed it:
Burke was interviewed by a variety of media outlets following the Las Vegas tragedy:
- Oct. 3, 2017 on NBC News: Las Vegas shooting: What was the motive behind Stephen Paddock’s deadly spree?
- Oct. 3, 2017 on WFIR: Expert: Hard to determine if Las Vegas massacre was preventable
- Oct. 2, 2017 on WDBJ7: Radford University criminal justice professor reacts to Las Vegas massacre
- Oct. 2, 2017 on WSLS 10: Analysis: Police limited in ability to prevent attacks like Las Vegas shooting: Dr. Tod Burke says there were many challenges facing police
- Oct. 2, 2017 on WFXR 21/27: Carillion reacts to trauma in Las Vegas