News & Events
Stay warm this winter with these tips
Winter cold is in full force and Radford University Sustainability has a handful of tips to help you keep your home or residence hall room warmer through the chill.
- Use heavy curtains to stop heat escaping your windows. A large percentage of heat escaping your home or room can be the result of uncovered windows.
- Seal gaps and cracks that let in cold air. Gaps and cracks can account for 15-25 percent of heat loss.
- Close up any rooms that are not in use.
- Let sunshine in through the day. When it’s sunny, open the curtains to let the sun heat your home or room.
- Grab a blanket or a jacket. Sometimes it’s easier and cheaper than reaching for the thermostat.