Don't Forget to Unplug Before Leaving for Winter Break
Before leaving campus, join your hall or office mates in the latest holiday custom: unplugging. Make a safety and power-consumption difference by following these simple steps as you leave campus for the holiday break:
- Turn off and unplug all lights and decorations.
- Turn off and unplug any room equipment and devices.
- Empty, defrost and unplug refrigerators, and unplug appliances.
- Make sure windows and doors are securely closed.
- Report additional energy saving opportunities to Work Control (x7800).
RU Sustainability wishes you a safe, happy and green holiday season.