News & Events
Five RU Facts We Bet You Didn't Know
- Our Department of Interior Design & Fashion is one of the 10 best in the nation. Who says so? DesignIntelligence, the bimonthly report of the international Design Futures Council.
- RU is in the middle of one of America's most historic regions. In 15 minutes' driving time, you can see a Civil War trail, visit the cabin of Appalachian heroine Mary Draper Ingles, make a musical stop along the Crooked Road or walk beside the banks of the world's second-oldest river.
- Our Pinkberry shop in The Bonnie is the only one in Southwest Virginia. Next-closest location: Charlotte, N.C.
- RU is the alma mater of several well-known performers. Jayma Mays is Emma on the hit TV series "Glee!" Regan Burns is a comedian appearing in national TV commercials and as a regular on Fox News Channel's "The ½ Hour News Hour." Barry Ratcliffe, who will be on campus Aug. 30 for a screening of his new movie, "The Witches of Oz," has been on dozens of TV shows, including "Nash Bridges," and in a music video by country band Rascal Flatts.
- Like the rugged Highlander, our sports mascot, our athletes are fierce competitors. RU Baseball this year sent four players to the pros.