Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
Radford University aspires to be the premier, innovative, student-centered university in the Commonwealth of Virginia and beyond with a keen focus on teaching, research and service.
As a mid-sized, comprehensive public institution dedicated to the creation and dissemination of knowledge, Radford University empowers students from diverse backgrounds by providing transformative educational experiences, from the undergraduate to the doctoral level, within and beyond the classroom. As an inclusive university community, we specialize in cultivating relationships among students, faculty, staff, alumni and other partners, and in providing a culture of service, support and engagement. We embrace innovation and tradition and instill students with purpose and the ability to think creatively and critically. We provide an educational environment and the tools to address the social, economic and environmental issues confronting our region, nation and the world.
- Student Empowerment and Success — We engage and support our students in the discovery and pursuit of their own unique paths.
- Excellence — We expect our community to strive for the highest standards.
- Inclusiveness — We are committed to a spirit of cooperation and collaboration, embracing and honoring the diversity of our community.
- Community — We foster relationships and a culture of service within and beyond our university community.
- Intellectual Freedom — We encourage and defend a fearless exploration of knowledge in all its forms.
- Innovation — We inspire and support creativity in research, scholarship, pedagogy and service.
- Sustainability — We are committed to integrating sustainable practices into all aspects of our operations and engage students across the curriculum to learn, discover and contribute to positive current and future environmental solutions.