The mission of the Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration program is to provide a broad base of knowledge and skills to prepare you with general analytical, communication, and management competencies to serve as a professional in the field of healthcare administration. This program will prepare you to work within the fundamental business aspects of healthcare.
Why Study Healthcare Administration at Radford?
- You may complete your degree 100% online.
- Our instructors have real-world experiences from Carilion Clinic and other nationally acclaimed healthcare centers.
- You will be exposed to all areas of healthcare practice and administration, and have opportunities to learn in the company of CEOs, COOs, subject matter experts, financial analysts, human resources administrators, and many more national experts in the field of healthcare administration.
- You’ll experience interprofessionalism. In your classes, you will have opportunities to interact and learn beside a broad range of healthcare providers so you’ll be prepared to collaborate across clinical and nonclinical specialties from the start of your career.
- The B.S.H.S. program is a member of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- In 2021, medical and health services managers made a median annual salary of $101,340, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- The BLS projects that the employment of medical and health services managers will grow by 28% between 2021 and 2031, significantly higher than the 5% average growth projected for all occupations.
- In its 2023 rankings of best jobs, U.S. News & World Report ranked medical and health services manager as the best business job, the third-best STEM job, and the third-best job overall.
- The program’s employment placement is 100% on or near graduation. For those looking to continue their education, there’s an express path into the Radford University Carilion Master of Healthcare Administration program. Whether you are seeking employment or an advanced degree in healthcare administration, this undergraduate degree is an ideal starting point.
Throughout the program there are opportunities to be engaged as a student leader and participate in conferences and networking opportunities including: Upsilon Phi Delta Student Honor Association and American College of Healthcare Executives virtual series on public health and healthcare leadership.
To be considered for admission:
- Meet all admission requirements for Radford University Carilion. Incoming undergraduate students must have completed a core of selected high school or college courses, and recent high school graduates (within the past 3 years) should provide SAT or ACT scores (SAT Code 5099, ACT Code 4367). For additional general undergraduate requirements, please visit Undergraduate Admissions.
- Submit the Radford University Carilion Application online.
- Submit official transcript(s) from all institutions – high school OR all higher education institution(s) to the admissions department. A minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA is required for admission, with at least a minimum cumulative 2.8 GPA preferred.
Current community college students may be admitted for the “2+2” format. Students begin the program at their community college with a two-year associate degree and then transfer to Radford University Carilion to complete their remaining requirements for a bachelor’s degree. Students must take certain courses and electives at their community college to transfer into the program.
Ranked #2 in the nation Online Bachelor in Healthcare Administration
Academic Influence in 2021
4 learning tracks Healthcare Administration, Long-Term Care, Medical Practice Management, and Capstone Project
100% online program
Specialized internship opportunities
You will have the opportunity to participate in a unique real-world internship. This experience is not typical at this level of study, but Radford University Carilion offers you the opportunity to fulfill an internship in a chosen specialty area to enhance your understanding of the field with hands-on learning, networking, and mentorship opportunities.