Welcome to Our Office!
The Department of Procurement and Contracts is responsible for the organization and administration of procurement functions at Radford University in accordance with the guidelines as established in the Commonwealth of Virginia Procurement Manual for Institutions of Higher Education and their Vendors as well as applicable state policies and procedures.
Responsibility to Campus
- Management of major procurements
- Delegation of purchasing authority
- Securing products and/or services at competitive prices
- Ensuring professionalism is promoted and that the university's Code of Ethics is upheld by Procurement staff
- Ensuring open access to university business and that all procurements are conducted in a fair and impartial manner
- Establishing, reviewing, renewing and approving all university contracts and agreements
- Strategic business development that includes Small, Women and Minority-owned businesses
- Compliance with required laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia