Official visitors and guests of the university must obtain a valid visitor's parking permit prior to parking in any university lot. All employees, departments and students are responsible for their guests and any parking fines they may acquire.
Visitor permits are available from the University Police Department, located in the Allen Building on East Main Street (near the Dedmon Bridge). Each visitor parking permit assigns the guest to a specific lot where they may park during their visit to campus. The Radford University Police Department is open 24/7 and guests arriving after normal business hours will still be able to obtain a permit. Regular parking enforcement hours are Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. RUPD may issue citations 24/7 for violations such as blocking a fire hydrant, blocking an entrance or egress, blocking a drive, parking in a handicapped space without a DMV issued permit, parking on the grass or sidewalk, etc.
Employees and students are never considered visitors to the university at any time.
University Department Visitors
University departments should request visitor permits at least three days prior to the event by completing the departmental request for visitor permit form.
Guests of Students
Students requesting visitor parking permits must apply in person at the University Police Department in the Allen Building and bring:
- The license tag number of their guest
- Make of the guest's vehicle
- Color of the guest's vehicle
- A valid student ID
Guests staying longer than two nights will be assigned to Lot E. Frequent guests of students may be required to purchase a parking permit. For questions regarding visitor parking, call (540) 831-6361.
- Frequent visitors (being more than three times a month) will be required to purchase a parking permit. The pass will only be valid in residential student lots including Lot Z.
- Only one visitors pass per week will be issued to the same car. A frequent visitor may choose to purchase a short-term permit, at the current cost of $5.00 per day.