Temporary Disability Permits

Employees and students who are temporarily disabled (for a period of less than six weeks) may be eligible for a temporary disability parking permit from the Parking Services Office.

In order to be eligible, the employee or student must have a valid university permit and must submit, in writing, verification of the disability and the time frame (not to exceed six weeks) of the disability from their personal physician or a physician or health care professional at the University Health Center.

This permit will allow parking in any legal parking space in any university parking lot, except spaces designated as disabled, metered, or reserved.

Parking Services does not have the authority to issue permits allowing the utilization of handicapped spaces.  If mobility is severely limited, we highly recommend our customers complete the necessary paperwork (MED 10 form) to obtain a DMV-Issued handicapped permit--even if it is only on a temporary basis.  Here is a link to that form:  https://www.dmv.virginia.gov/webdoc/pdf/med10.pdf .  There is a "DMV Now" location at the Radford City Treasurer's Office on Second Street in West End Radford.