School of Nursing
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
RU Clinical Simulation Center is currently seeking candidates for Director of Operations (Master of Science in Nursing required) and a Simulation Technician. Certified Healthcare Simulation Educator (CHSE) certification preferred. Recent experience with computer simulation in a clinical or educational setting preferred. For more information and to apply, visit the Radford University Career site: Director Of Operations Simulation Technician
Standardized Patient Opportunities
Are you interested in becoming a Standardized Patient(SP)?
If so, the RU Clinical Simulation Centers have a great opportunity for you. Read the information below to see if you are interested in participating in the training of our future medical professionals.
An SP is a person carefully recruited and trained to take on the characteristics of a real patient or patient's family member, presenting a faculty defined clinical scenario with patient history and physical or behavioral symptoms. The SP then interacts in the clinical encounter with the student learner. The word 'standardized' means that the SP repeats his or her story in a consistent manner to numerous students.
During an interaction with a student, the SP may:
- Present case history in response to student questioning
- Undergo a limited physical examination at the student's direction
- Assist students in developing their communication skills and clinical skills
- Assist students in working through difficult emotional situations
What characteristics are we looking for in SPs?
A person who is interested in student learning, who is an excellent listener, and who can focus on the educational goals of the session make an excellent SP. It is also important to have a flexible schedule.
Qualifications and pay rate:
- For adults: A minimum high school graduate or graduate equivalence
- For minors: Parent/guardian approval
- Pay rate starting at $15/hour, commensurate with experience and licensures
How do I apply/INQUIRE?
Please contact our Program Manager, Lisa Young at email@example.com or 540.831.7175, for more information and details on applying.
NOTE: If selected for an interview you may be required to complete a Criminal History Request form prior to beginning employment. Standardized Patient positions will not exceed 29 hours per work week. Positions are on an as-needed basis with no guarantee of continuing employment. Selected applicants must complete the Department of Homeland Security Verification of Employment Eligibility.
Radford University is an EEO. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.