Peer Instructor Information
We’re so glad that you are interested in becoming a peer instructor! This rewarding role allows you to mentor incoming students, develop your leadership skills, and give back to the Highlander community.
We are now in the process of assigning peer and faculty instructors to UNIV 100 sections based on their fall availability. To share your availability, please complete the PI Availability Survey as soon as possible.
Do you know of someone who you think would make a great faculty instructor? Please have them complete the FI Availability Survey.
Peer Instructor Facts and FAQs
Wondering where the UNIV 200 sections are? They have not yet been scheduled! We determine these class times based on peer instructors' fall schedules to make sure that everyone can participate. We hope to have more information ready to share with you soon.
For more information about this position, program, and what’s involved, check out our latest PI Info Sheet. Did we miss your question? Please feel free to contact us in the Office of New Student and Family Programs.
PI Selection Process: Now Complete for Fall 2019!
We have a single selection process for both new and returning peer instructors.
- The electronic application was due by Sunday, February 17. The application link was e-mailed to your Radford e-mail account, and can be accessed here as well.
- FYI: The application requires a resume and three short essays of 250 words each.
- Need help making a resume? Check out this advice from the Center for Career and Talent Development, and consider scheduling an appointment.
- By late February, we began interviewing applicants. If you were selected for an interview, you received an e-mail with information about how to sign up for a time slot.
- By late March, all applicants received an e-mail notification stating that they have been selected, not selected, or placed on the alternate list.
Bottom Line: Should I Apply to Be a PI?
|Probably So If You Want To…||Probably Not If You…|