Community of Makers
What is Makers?
The Community of Makers is for students who learn best by doing! Living together in Peery Hall, freshmen have access to a collaborative DIY space to imagine, design and build solutions that improve daily life. Close faculty relationships, peer mentors, and experiential programming help students master practical skills confidently in a safe and supportive environment.
- Pre-registration in special Maker-themed required courses for all majors
- Living community in Peery Hall with Makerspace
- Creative Projects & Workshops
- Access to High-Tech Makerspace
- Marketable Skills
- Close Interactions with faculty mentors
How do I qualify?
All freshmen who are interested in making, tinkering, or creating can qualify to participate in Makers learning community. Registration is limited by space availability on a first-come, first-served basis. Students must commit to living in Peery Hall.