Online Proctoring Tools
Respondus Monitor enhances LockDown Browser by using a student’s webcam to record the assessment session. This enables online exams to be taken in non-proctored environments and deters students from accessing other resources during an exam (such as a phone, a second computer, etc.). It also ensures the right student is taking the exam, and that the student isn’t getting help from others.
How to Use It:
Complete Practice Test set up by your Instructor to ensure:
Latest version of software is installed: click on the "i" > Check for New Version
System checks are complete: click on the "Help Center" > Run System Check Respondus Monitor Help Center
Instructors: NOTE: This tool is reserved for online classes only.
To enable Respondus Monitor for a quiz:
1) Click the "Quizzes" menu option from within your course.
2) Click the "Lockdown Browser" link
3) Check the "Require Respondus Lockdown" option (NOTE - You may want to uncheck "Require LockDown Browser to view Feedback & Results")
4) Select "Require Respondus Monitor for this exam"
The Quick Start Guide has screenshots and more details for setting up the exams using Respondus Monitor.
1. Require Practice Exam and have students check the following:
- Latest version of software is installed: click on the "i" > Check for New Version
- System checks are complete: click on the "Help Center" > Run System Check Respondus Monitor Help Cente
2. Include this official wording in your Syllabus.