Securing Your Devices
Defend Against Malware/Viruses
- Install anti-virus software and keep it updated
- Make sure anti-virus scans are performed on a regular basis
- Set daily or weekly scans to automatically run
- Ensure your computer’s firewall is turned on
- Install all security updates for your operating system as soon as possible
- It is best to allow updates to automatically install when available
- Update commonly exploited third-party software such as Adobe Reader, Java, and Flash Player. These three software packages are the most exploited!
Protect Your Data
- Perform regular backups of important data to your H: drive or OneDrive.
- If you access your email, or other accounts on a mobile device, use a pin, password or other security (fingerprint, etc.) to secure your device.
If you have questions, please contact the Information Security Officers at email@example.com.