Sexual Assault Prevention and Information
It's Time to Talk About It!
Talk early, talk often. Prevent sexual violence.
Fear 2 Freedom Event held November 10, 2015
Is it sexual assault? Is it rape?
- Is or was it unwanted sexual contact?
- Did you comply for fear of escalating the violence?
- Was it sex through physical or mental intimidation, coercion, surprise, force, threat, incapacitation by drugs or alcohol or emotional manipulation?
Is it dating/domestic violence?
- Does your partner make jokes about you, insult, humiliate or otherwise disrespect you; threaten or assault you physically; try to control your every move or action?
- Do you feel emotionally manipulated by your partner's low self-esteem, depression or self-destructive behavior?
- Do you feel isolated by your relationship interactions?
Is it stalking?
- Are you receiving phone call with threats of harm, repeated threatening text messages or direct messages through social media?
- Is someone watching your every move, following you, entering your home, or altering your online accounts?
- Are they repeatedly contacting you with threats after you told them to leave you alone?
You Can Do Something to Support a Survivor!
RU students at Fear 2 Freedom Event.
- Believe them.
- Empower survivors by letting them make decisions about how they want to move forward.
- Educate yourself and others on different resources both on and off campus.