Preparing today's professionals to meet tomorrow's challenges.
Radford University is delivering Innovative Mobile Personalized Accelerated Competency Training (IMPACT): a competency-based education (CBE) workforce development program focused on cybersecurity.
Radford University is designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education (CAE-CDE) by both the National Security Agency (NSA) and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
What makes IMPACT unique?
- Builds a foundation for a career in cybersecurity
- Curriculum designed for professionals by professionals
- Improve employee effectiveness and retention
- Designed for busy professionals
- Structured, self-paced learning activities
- Delivered asynchronously online
- Designed to improve skills, acquisition and retention
- Embeds learning sciences, analytics, scenario-based learning and gamification principles
- Virtual testing lab for each learner
- Collaborative environment encourages networking with experts and other learners
- Covers five out of seven domains of the NIST Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- Compliant with DoD 8140 directive
IMPACT Standards and Certification Alignment
- Directly aligned with national standards:
- National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST)
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- Focused on preparing learners for professional certification exams*:
- SANS GCIH*
- SANS GPEN*
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- CISCO CCENT
*Although our IMPACT training will help prepare you for professional certification exams, additional preparation will be necessary due to the complexity and proprietary nature of the respective exam content.
The Radford University Board of Visitors (BOV) approved a resolution at the Sept. 15 campus BOV meeting that recognizes the university’s brand new competency-based education program, Innovative Mobilized Personalized Accelerated Competency Training.
The launch of Radford University’s Innovative Mobile Personalized Accelerated Competency Training, or IMPACT, was featured in an array of media outlets after its announcment on Sept. 8.
Radford University announced today the launch of an innovative new competency-based education (CBE) program that will position the university as a national leader in training working professionals for high-demand occupations.
What is competency-based education (CBE)?
Competency-based education (CBE) is a training approach that focuses on teaching specific job-related skills that are needed to perform a critical task within a workplace context.
CBE decouples learning from time-based models, such as three-hour courses and 14-week semesters that use the Carnegie Unit as a metric for learning.
The most effective and scalable CBE approach uses an online platform to deliver asynchronous, self-paced learning modules aligned with workplace competencies.
For any questions, you may also contact Matt Dunleavy, Ph.D., executive director of IMPACT, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-831-7168.