We are very excited that you are joining Radford University! We know that learning a new job and adjusting to a new organization can be challenging and sometimes overwhelming. Our vision for your Employee Experience at Radford University has been devoted to helping you feel more comfortable in your new environment. We invite you to attend our 3-5 day new hire onboarding program that will assist you in your success at Radford University.
Complete your New Hire Onboarding
Login information for your onboarding was sent by a system generated email from ‘TalentED’ to the email address on your application. This email will provide your login instructions and all documents that must be completed prior to day 1. Please check your junk or spam folder for this email. If you are unsuccessful at locating the email, please visit our onboarding site and select 'logging in for the first time' to gain access.
For the Employment Eligibility Verification Form (Form I-9) we utilize I-9 Advantage. You are sent an email with a unique login link and unique PIN from email@example.com. After completing section 1 you will need to stop by our office within your first three days and provide supporting documentation for us to complete Section 2 and verify Form I-9. For RUC employees, supporting documentation can be provided to Kathy York at RUC located on the 3rd floor.
Download the RU Mobile App
We encourage that you download the RU mobile app to your smart phone. Once you gain access to Radford Systems you can take a picture for your One Card Badge.
New Hire Orientation
All full-time new hires have a start date of the 10th or 25th of each month and New Hire Orientation is scheduled typically the 11th and 26th, unless those days fall on a holiday, weekend, or school closer then it will be on the following business day.
Where: HR Training Room, 314B Tyler Ave (2nd Floor Tyler Place)
Time: 8:30 am
What to Bring With You
For Form I-9:
- Supporting Documentation for Form I-9, acceptable documents list.
For Health Insurance Coverage (if you plan to cover family members):
- For Dependents: Birth Certificate/Adoption Agreement
- For Spouse: Marriage Certificate and First Page of Most Recent 1040 (tax return)
- For Covered Family Members: Social Security Numbers
For Life Insurance:
- The Social Security Numbers for Beneficiaries
- Make & Model of your Vehicle
- License Plate Number of your Vehicle
- Complete your Mandatory Training
- Select your employment classification to see your required training:
- Classified Staff Employees | PDF
- Facilities Classified Staff Employees | PDF
- AP Faculty Employees | PDF
- T&R Faculty Employees | PDF
- Wage/1500 Hour Employees | PDF
- Supervisors of Full Time Employees | PDF
- Virginia Learning Center (VLC) Instructions | PDF
- Your Performance Planning, Career Development Discussions