All Radford Employees must complete the State Mandated Training requirements as set forth by DHRM. The trainings are completed within the new employee orientation period of 30-90 days. Trainings are separated by employee type and are located in the Virginia Learning Center (VLC).
To complete your trainings, please select the link below that matches your employee type. After selecting the link you will be required to provide your VLC login ID (your State ID without the preceding zeros) and your password. If you do not know your login ID or password please follow the prompts to have your login ID emailed to you or to have your password reset. You can also visit Training Registration/Virginia Learning Center (VLC) for more logon instructions.
In addition to the State Mandated Training requirements, you may be required to complete additional training that is specific to your job duties. Please consult with your Supervisor to discuss these needs.
We have reserved a computer lab for those who maybe not have regular access to a computer, who may need a bit more technical guidance or you may just need a quiet place. The reserved computer lab will have an instructor available to assist as well. Please contact Ruby Dwyer at 540-831-7662 or email email@example.com to register.
Civility in the Workplace Training
Civility in the Workplace Policy Training is now available. This training is required and intended for all Employees and Supervisors and/or Managers of the State of Virginia. This includes; Classified, A/P, T & R Faculty, 1500 Wage, and Part-Time.
- The online training course is located in the Virginia Learning Center (VLC).
- The training curriculum consists of three mandatory Items:
- Online course created by DHRM titled: MVP HR Policy & Law - Civility in the Workplace.
- Online Training titled: RU-CIW-Receipt of Policy
- Online Document titled: RU-CIW-2.35-Policy guide document-Prohibited Conduct/behaviors
*All three items must be completed to fulfill the training requirement.*
- You may access the training by visiting Radford University-Civility in the Workplace 2.3
PeopleAdmin Performance Management Module
This module is a simple, easy-to-use tool that automates the technical aspects of performance management as well as the facilitation of employees and supervisors to collaborate on performance evaluations, support professional development and clearly communicate expectations, goals, roles and responsibilities while maintaining compliance.
"How To" Documents
- How to Log into the Employee Portal [PDF]
- Supervisors - How to View my Reviews [PDF]
- Supervisors - How to Create a Classified Plan [PDF]
- Supervisors - How to Create a AP Plan [PDF]
- Supervisors - How to Create an Annual Performance Evaluation for an A/P Employee [PDF]
- Supervisors - How to Create an Annual Performance Evaluation for a Classified Employee [PDF]
- Employees - How to View Reviews [PDF]
- Employees - How to Acknowledge A Plan [PDF]
- A/P Employees - How to do Your Self-Evaluation [PDF]
- Classified Employees - How to do Your Self-Evaluation [PDF]
"How To" Videos
PeopleAdmin Landing Page Changes
Completing the Performance Plan for the Classified Employee
Classified-Probationary Twelve Month Review
Classified Evaluation Completed by Supervisor
Logging in to your Performance Management Portal
Completing the Performance Plan for the AP Employee
Classified-Probationary Six Month Review
AP Evaluation Completed by Supervisor
SelectSuite system is designed to allow users to track the applicant and recruitment process. The Applicant Tracking module streamlines the recruitment process while supporting transparent communication and consistent hiring processes. The Position Management module allows users to modify and manage position descriptions and electronically perform other personnel actions including budget changes, pay changes and requests to advertise.
PeopleAdmin SelectSuite New Employee/Beginner Course
This 30 minute course will be offered to all new employees and anyone who has never used the PeopleAdmin system before. This is a prerequisite for the PeopleAdmin SelectSuite Intermediate course PeopleAdmin training. It is a basic skills course (logon, user groups, navigation, etc.) and it will be in an online format. You will be able to attend while remaining in your own space by simply signing onto the course. A desktop, laptop or mobile device is required with sound. A microphone of some sort is recommended if you wish to actively participate. Registration is required.
Phase I PeopleAdmin SelectSuite Training Schedule (Online)
|Tuesday, October 29, 2019||9:00 am||Online-Zoom|
|Wednesday, November 13, 2019
|Tuesday, November 27, 2019
|Monday, December 16, 2019||2:00 pm||Online-Zoom|
PeopleAdmin SelectSuite Intermediate Course
This 1 ½ hour course will be offered to all employees who utilize PeopleAdmin for Position management, recruitment and hiring processes including search committees. Topics will include flow of actions, position modification, managing applicants, hiring proposals and more. If you are a new employee or inexperienced user you must first complete PeopleAdmin SelectSuite New Employee/Beginner course as a prerequisite. Registration is required. Please bring your laptop if you are able.
Phase II PeopleAdmin SelectSuite Training Schedule (Classroom/Computer Lab)
|Wednesday, October 23, 2019||2:00 pm||HR Conference Room|
|Tuesday, November 5, 2019||9:00 am||HR Conference Room
|Thursday, December 5, 2019
||2:00 pm||HR Conference Room|
"How To" Documents
"How To" Videos
PeopleAdmin Landing Page Changes
How to Log On and Change User Groups
How to Begin a Hiring Proposal
How to Export Applicant Files
How to View Postings
How to Log Into PeopleAdmin SelectSuite
How to Modify a Position
How to Move a Singular Applicant
How to Access Applicants
Visit the Managers & Supervisors Toolkit for more resources for position management, recruitment and hiring processes.
OAG - Conflict of Interest Act Training
If you have been notified that your position at Radford University requires you to file an Annual Statement of Economic Interest (SOEI), this training is mandatory at least once every two years. Estimated course duration is 1 hour. Register here through the Virginia Learning Center (VLC).
The MVP is a comprehensive management development program sponsored by the Department of Human Resource Management for all Commonwealth supervisors and managers. To access any of the MVP program, click on MVP.
- Conflict Management Skills
- Valuing Differences
- Fundamentals of EEO Law
- Employee Selection Procedures
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Ethical Decision Making
- Communication Skills
A Culture of Service; A Commitment of Excellent Service in Today’s Higher Education Environment
Join us in discussing how we can actualize a comprehensive environment of service provision for all that encompasses Radford University. Including topics such as; understanding what customer service really means, what role it plays in higher education and how “service” needs must adapt to the changing landscape of our audience, including generational differences.
Let us begin the movement together, assessing how we can merge processes, collaborate with departments and form best practices to build a culture of service.
Who should attend: We encourage all employees to attend, especially those that deal with students directly. Register through the Virginia Learning Center (VLC).
Technology Training Including:
- Getting Started with Banner Admin Pages
- Introduction to Banner Finance and eVA
- Bright space by D2L
- Computer Deployment
- Microsoft Office and Windows
The Office of the Bursar Including:
- Radford University Annual PCI DSS Training
- Required annual training for employees involved in handling payment cards and payment card transactions.
- Funds handling
- Required training for ALL departments, offices, organizations, and persons handling funds and/or accepting payments in any form on behalf of the University at all campuses and locations at which University business is conducted.
Procurement and Contracts Training Including:
- Request for Proposal
- Delegated Procurement Authority
Office of Emergency Management Including:
- Tornado and Winter Weather Preparedness
Environmental Health and Safety Training Including:
- Van Training
- Golf Cart Training
Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning (CITL) Including:
- Faculty Training and Development
- Our Turn