Radford University | May 3 - May 17, 2021
Radford University employees who are eligible for benefits have the opportunity to enroll in a health plan and/or a flexible spending account (FSA), change health care plans, add or remove dependents, or waive state health coverage during open enrollment May 3 - May 17, 2021. Employees who have insurance and/or flexible spending accounts will see a change to their deductions beginning with their July 16 paycheck (which reflects the June 25-July 9 pay period). Changes made during open enrollment are effective July 1, 2021. View the 2021 Open Enrollment Presentation by the HR Benefits Team.
No action is required if you have no health plan-related changes, are not enrolling in a flexible spending account, or do not plan to participate in Premium Rewards.
You must submit an enrollment request each year you wish to have an FSA, Health Care and/or Dependent Care Account.
- The 2021-2022 premiums can be found in the Spotlight on your Benefits Newsletter (PDF).
- Premium Rewards discount requirements: $17 discount for employee or spouse, $34 discount for employee and spouse.
- Employee Direct is an online portal through the Commonwealth of Virginia that is available for employees to enroll/re-enroll in an FSA plan and/or enroll or make changes to a health insurance plan. Your employee ID number is the Member Number from your Health Insurance Card. It is also the state ID Number, you can find this on your OneCampus portal.
- Employee Direct: https://edirect.virginia.gov
- ALEX Online Benefits Counselor | Get Help Choosing Your Benefits: https://www.myalex.com/cova/2021
Employees may also refer to the Virginia Department of Human Resource Management Open Enrollment website for more detailed information regarding Open Enrollment. Contact the Benefits Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summary of health care plans, effective July 1, 2021.
- Spotlight on your Benefits Newsletter | PDF
- Employee Premiums 2021-2022 | PDF
- Benefits at a Glance | PDF
- 2021 Open Enrollment PowerPoint Presentation by the HR Benefits Team
- COVA HealthAware | Aetna | PDF
- COVA Care | Anthem | PDF
- COVA HDHP (High Deductible Health Plan) | Anthem | PDF
- Delta Dental | PDF
- Get Help Choosing Your Benefits | ALEX, Online Benefits Counselor: https://www.myalex.com/cova/2021
- Enrollment Form | PDF
Employees participating in the Premium Rewards Program can save $17 for employee only or $34 for employee and spouse per month on insurance premiums. Employees can sign up for this program at any time and do not have to wait until open enrollment. To ensure premium the discount is applied beginning in time for the new plan year (July 1), be sure to complete your Premium Rewards between May 3 and May 17, 2021.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) must be renewed each year. FSAs allow employees to set aside money each pay period that can be used throughout the plan year (July 1–June 30) to pre-fund anticipated, eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses and dependent care expenses normally not covered by insurance. The funds are deducted from paychecks before federal and state taxes are calculated, creating a cost savings for employees. FSAs are administered by PayFlex. Please note, PayFlex charges a $2.10 per month administrative fee per employee.
The Benefits Department will be conducting several virtual information sessions to provide an overview of the Open Enrollment options. Sessions will be held via Zoom on the dates listed below. Each session lasts one hour, select "register" to sign up. If you have any issues accessing a session please contact email@example.com.
- Monday, May 3rd, 10:00 am | View Presentation
- Monday, May 3rd, 2:00 pm | View Presentation
- Tuesday, May 4th, 9:00 am | View Presentation
- Tuesday, May 4th, 12:00 pm | View Presentation
- Thursday, May 6th, 11:00 am | View Presentation
- Thursday, May 6th, 3:00 pm | View Presentation
- Wednesday, May 12th, 8:30 am | Register
- Wednesday, May 12th, 2:00 pm | Register
View the 2021 Open Enrollment PowerPoint Presentation by the HR Benefits Team
Employees have the option to review health benefits records and make open enrollment elections for health benefits and flexible spending accounts through Health Benefits Direct on Employee Direct. Employees have until 11:59pm on May 17, 2021, to make changes in Employee Direct.
- Instructions for using Employee Direct | PDF
- Employee Direct: https://edirect.virginia.gov
Complete the 2021 Enrollment Form
Submit your completed 2021 Enrollment Form to Radford University Human Resources office by 5pm Monday, May 17, 2021, using one of the below options:
- By secure upload using SendSecure for Benefits, timestamped before 5pm, May 17, 2021.
- Upload Instructions - Benefits | PDF
- SendSecure Website
- Secure upload is strongly recommended if submitting a paper/PDF form, as immediate confirmation is provided once received.
- By Fax: 540-831-6278, timestamped before 5pm, May 17, 2021.
- By Mail: PO Box 6889, Radford VA 24142, postmarked May 17, 2021, or earlier upon receipt.
- Dropped off in-person to HR, Monday- Friday, 8-5pm, received by Authorized HR Personnel by 5pm May 17, 2021.
The next opportunity employees will have to make changes to their health insurance (without a qualifying mid-year event, QME) will be in May 2022 during the next open enrollment period. The exact dates of open enrollment are determined by the state and are typically announced in mid-April each year.
Published: April 23, 2021