HR Information Systems
The mission of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) is to develop and lead information system plans that meet Human Resources’ automation, data, records and information management requirements. In partnership with the University community, the primary focus is on establishing innovative solutions to integrated systems, for the administration and deployment of strategic Human Resources information and services.
What We Do:
- Identification, planning, and implementation of HRIS changes and updates in order to meet the strategic needs of the Department of Human Resources.
- Act as the liaison between the Division of IT and functional end users to bridge the gap between technical and functional requirements of the University community and information systems in place.
- Technical data analysis, testing, and documentation related to upgrades and application of fixes to Banner.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of data for required reporting to University internal departments, State and Federal agencies.
- Maintain and develop web technology solutions to enhance HR business processes.
Services We Provide:
- Develop eSolutions to automate administrative tasks and departmental workflows to encourage a paperless and efficient working environment.
- Provide information and statistical data to internal and external customers.
- Recommend and implement HRIS projects based on changes in Federal/State guidelines and/or community information needs.
Reporting & Compliance:
HRIS receives various requests for data and information. These requests may come from management, internal and external auditors, legal entities, or governmental regulatory institutions. HRIS assesses individual requests for data, defines reporting requirements, and manages the creation and implementation of reports.
Electronic Personnel Action Form - EPAF
An EPAF is an Electronic Personnel Action Form in Self Service Banner (SSB), used to enter and submit personnel actions electronically in Banner. Many of the transactions previously submitted to Human Resources via PR40 (Personnel Action) and PR4 (Separation/Transfer Notice) forms can be electronically submitted, routed through an approval chain, and applied to Banner. EPAFs are another step in achieving a paperless personnel action process.
For access please complete the Administrative Systems Access Form | PDF..EPAF - Banner SSB
SelectSuite system is designed to allow users to track the applicant and recruitment process. The Applicant Tracking module streamlines the recruitment process while supporting transparent communication and consistent hiring processes. The Position Management module allows users to modify and manage position descriptions and electronically perform other personnel actions including budget changes, pay changes, and requests to advertise. The Onboarding module allows new hires to complete their paperwork online.
For access, please complete the Administrative System Access Form | PDF.PeopleAdmin SelectSuite
The I-9 Advantage system was adopted by the Department of Human Resources in the spring of 2020., allowing for the I-9 process to be completed online (employees are still required to show valid supporting documentation in person). Using I-9 Advantage all new hires are sent customized login credentials to complete section 1 of Form I-9 securely online prior to beginning employment with RU. Once supporting documentation is reviewed, section 2 is completed and verified on I-9 Advantage in one setting making the entire I-9 process more streamlined and environmentally friendly by saving paper. This system allows authorized users to track where new hires are in the I-9 process to ensure the form is completed in compliance with federal regulations. I-9 Advantage serves as a single repository for storing, managing, and searching for all Radford University I-9 records.
With such sensitive information, system security is our top priority, therefore only authorized users in HR, the Tax Compliance Office, Financial Aid, the Graduate College, and at RUC have access to this system.
For system access please contact Marcia Elliott, our Systems Director. If you experience any issues or have questions regarding the I-9 process or I-9 Advantage, please contact Ethan Jones, our HR Assistant.
Visit our I-9 & E-Verify page for additional information on the I-9 and E-Verify process.I-9 Advantage Employer Login