Family Work/Life Balance
At Radford University we are committed to helping our most important resources – our people. We recognize the importance of a good work-life balance and offer on and off-campus activities and services to promote a healthy work-life balance. A healthy work-life balance does more than improve the productivity and satisfaction of employees; it positively impacts the overall lifestyle and well-being of employees and their families. The following list of available resources is cited.
Maternity and Family Resources
- Nursing Rooms for Mothers (These rooms are located on campus and available on a first come, first serve basis.)
- College Humanities & Behavioral Sciences - Room 4805
- Heth - Room 223
- Human Resources - Room 221
Leave of Absences
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Provides 12-weeks unpaid leave to care for eligible family members or employee personal health issues to include maternity/adoption.
- May take leave on intermittent basis, if needed.
Child Care Centers
As a Strategic Partner of Radford Early Learning Center, Radford University has spaces allotted to Radford University employees at the Radford Early Learning Center for childcare. These spaces are on a first come, first serve basis and may require individuals to be put on a waiting list when spaces are not available.
For more child care centers, you can visit the Virginia Department of Social Services' Search for Child Day Care website.
Any additional questions or concerns may be referred to Human Resources at 540-831-5008 or firstname.lastname@example.org.