Benefits & Wellness
Radford University offers a comprehensive package of Commonwealth of Virginia and agency-specific benefits available to employees. These benefits include health insurance, flexible spending accounts, leave, life insurance, and primary and supplemental retirement plans. Also included are employee-centered benefits such as CommonHealth, Wellness, and employee tuition assistance. Our goal is to ensure that employees are well informed of the benefits that are available and can easily access information regarding these benefits.
The Benefits Department has recently put together numerous training sessions relating to a variety of topics including Health Insurance, Worker's Compensation, Retirement, and Leave. You can find these on Radford University's Training Catalog under the HR section.
New York Life On Campus September 16th
Lisa Van Wickler from New York Life will be here on campus on Thursday, September 16th from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at McConnell Library in the Bird Room for any employee that would like to discuss whole life insurance. The Employee Whole Life Program is Guaranteed Issue. The benefits include no medical questions or exams, convenient payments through payroll deduction, coverage available for family members, a lifetime of protection, stays with you if you change jobs or retire, ability to earn dividends, access to cash value through policy loans, and premiums will never increase.
- For more info view this video: https://www.newyorklife.com/ecards/new-york-life-at-work-GI.
- Please sign up here: https://calendly.com/lvanwickler/45min
How to Navigate the Coronavirus Real Estate Market
The coronavirus is continuing impacting the housing market, but what does that mean for you when it comes time to buying a home?
Join the experts from CHP Homeownership on October 6th at noon to learn how to navigate the housing market when demand is high, yet supply is low.
- Topics we’ll cover include: How to assess your current financial situation, shopping for a mortgage, steps of buying a home and an overall market analysis of the New River Valley. There will be enough time at the end of the class to open the floor for your specific questions regarding the current state of the housing market. Questions? We invite you to send us your questions ahead of time to CHP Homeownership at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You must register in advance for this meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYode6grDkrH9e_RHKWO3FVPQtgrt9H6SLw
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
ICMA-RC Webinars and Appointments
Interested in learning more about your VRS Hybrid Retirement Plan or the 457 Deferred Compensation Plan and the Cash Match Plan? Please register here to attend a seminar or to schedule an individual account review with Lauren Hand for September 7th or November 30th.
If you are current TIAA participant, you have access to all the free TIAA webinars, including past webinars at www.tiaa.org/webinars. Information about each webinar and flyers are located on the TIAA Section of our Retirment Page
VRS DCP Online Regional Education Meetings September 21st and October 7th.
Would you like to learn more about your retirement options? Can you withdrawal money from your 457 or Cash Match accounts? Or maybe you would like to have a one-on-one session with a retirement specialist. VRS DCP has set up online educational meetings to help answer these questions and more. Please click one of these links to sign up!
Learn More About Your Retirement Options - VRS 457 & Cash Match Plans Overview
- What is a 457 Deferred Compensation Plan? How about a Cash Match 401(a) Plan? Learn about how these plans help you build your retirement future. Register Now
Select How Your Savings Are Invested - VRS Plan Investments
- Do you find investing confusing? Learn about asset classes, diversification and the three investment paths available to you. Register Now
How Do I Withdraw My Money in Retirement? VRS 457 & Cash Match Distribution Options
- Retirement on the horizon? Understand the various distribution requirements and options under your 457 and 401(a) plans. Register Now
Personal Individual Account Review - One-on-one appointment
- Need assistance? Sign up for a 30-minute virtual one-on-one with a Defined Contribution Plans Retirement Specialist. Register Now