The Schoolhouse Learning Community
Welcome to Radford University's newest Living-Learning Community!
What is The Schoolhouse Learning Community?
The Schoolhouse is a living and learning community that connects and inspires prospective educators from all disciplines and grade levels.
- Observe and work in local schools with professional educators
- Take courses that count toward program requirements with other members of the community
- Connect with faculty for advising, mentoring, and support
- Experience Radford University with a community of students who share a passion for teaching and learning
- Engage in regular, social activities with students and faculty
How Do I Qualify?
There are four application requirements:
- Pursue teacher licensure while at Radford University, which typically includes: Interdisciplinary studies (Elementary, Middle School, and Special Education); Health and Physical Education; K-12 Art, Music, Dance, and Spanish Education; Deaf and Hard of Hearing Education; and Secondary education (including Social Studies, English, Math, and Science).
- Priority consideration will be given to students entering Radford University with a high school GPA above a 3.0, but all GPAs will be considered!
- Enroll in at least 13.0 credit hours, including the Schoolhouse section of UNIV 100: Introduction to Higher Education.
- Student may transfer in up to 36.0 credit hours.
Radford University has deep roots in teacher education, dating back to its founding in 1910. Since that time, Radford University has maintained a strong reputation as a high-quality institution for future teachers. Members of the Schoolhouse Community will be immersed in learning how to embrace their calling by developing into well-prepared, globally competent, inclusivity-centered, and community-focused educators.
Past Activities in the Schoolhouse Include:
- Community dinners and social events
- Volunteering at local schools
- MLK Service Day participation
- Escape rooms and ropes courses
- Hosting alumni, local leaders, and future students
Click Here to Apply!
How to Contact Us:
If you are interested in getting more information, please contact the Schoolhouse team at email@example.com.