Study Abroad Checklist
View the study abroad checklist in PDF form.
- Identify objectives for studying abroad - What do I want to get out of my time abroad?
- Identify how study abroad fits into your 4 year academic plan.
- Research programs, locations, institutions.
- Identify what country or countries appeal to you.
- Have a preliminary conversation with your parents about your interests.
- Contact Eric Viani, your study abroad advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a consultation appointment in Cook Room 104.
- Hold Harmless Statement for Travel Abroad
Meeting with your study abroad advisor
- Discuss academic, career and personal reasons for wanting to study abroad.
- Receive input and assistance choosing programs, locations, institutions.
- Discuss costs of programs and sources of funding with study abroad advisor.
- Review and compare the different study abroad options with your advisor.
Application, procedures and documents
- When you have decided on a specific program apply on the Radford University IEC website.
- Apply to specific program via their website (ask study abroad advisor for assistance). Applications typically require:
- Passport Photos
- Select host institution courses to complete Course Approval Form (turned into study abroad advisor when completed).
- Consult with study abroad advisor if you plan on using financial aid, he will submit a Cost Sheet to the Financial Aid Office.
- Purchase flight tickets and visa if necessary.
- Review Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (www.cdc.gov) for immunizations that might be needed for your study abroad host country.
- Attend mandatory Pre-Departure Orientation before departing (check IEC website or ask study abroad advisor for details).
|ISEP exchange priority deadline for spring semester||Sept. 1|
|Affiliates for spring semester||Oct. 10|
|Faculty-led program||Oct. 31|
|ISEP exchange for fall semester||Feb. 15|
|Summer affiliate programs||April 1|
|Affiliates fall semester||May 1|
|Radford University fall semester exchanges||May 1|
|Radford University spring semester exchanges||Oct. 15|
- Recommendation letter
- Completed Course Approval Form
- Financial aid Cost Sheet
- Signed study abroad Student-Agreement Form
- Study abroad pre-departure brochure